Anaheim Federal Criminal Defense (FBI, OIG, IRS, DEA)
Esteemed Anaheim Federal Criminal Defense Lawyers
Are you being targeted by the FBI, OIG, IRS, or DEA in Anaheim, CA? Are you awaiting trial in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California? If so, you need to engage a highly-experienced and trial-tested defense team immediately. Call (214) 692-2171 now to put our Anaheim federal criminal defense lawyers on your side.
Federal agents and prosecutors are targeting individuals and businesses in cities such as Anaheim with increasing frequency. With large populations and close proximity to major cities like Los Angeles, these smaller cities are prime locations for health care practices and growing businesses. This means that they are also prime targets for agencies such as the FBI, OIG IRS, and DEA seeking criminal convictions for white-collar criminal offenses.
Facing a federal criminal investigation is an extremely serious matter. Regardless of how certain you are that you have not committed a crime, you cannot assume that the investigation will go away on its own. Agencies such as the FBI, OIG, IRS, and DEA aggressively pursue charges against the targets of criminal investigations. To protect yourself against unnecessary and unwarranted consequences, you need to match this level of aggression in your defense.
At Oberheiden, P.C., we have significant experience helping clients avoid charges and prosecution in federal criminal matters. Our Anaheim federal criminal defense lawyers are comprised entirely of senior attorneys, several of whom spent decades working for the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) prior to entering private practice. We know that most health care providers, company executives, and other individuals targeted in criminal investigations do not deserve to be dragged through a federal trial, but we also know the legal lengths to which federal agents and prosecutors will go to secure convictions.
As a result, regardless of the circumstances that triggered the government’s investigation, it is imperative that you engage experienced legal counsel immediately. To discuss your case with our proven Anaheim federal criminal lawyers, call (214) 692-2171 now.
Anaheim Federal Defense Lawyers for California Criminal Investigations
Clients in Anaheim and across the country trust the federal criminal defense team at Oberheiden, P.C., when they need to protect themselves and their businesses from the consequences of a federal investigation. This is because our Anaheim Federal Criminal Defense lawyers offer:
- Aggressive Representation Backed by an Established Track Record – We aggressively represent our clients at all stages of the federal criminal justice process, and we are able to do so effectively due to our established record of success in federal cases. We stand behind everything we say and do, and federal prosecutors know that we will keep fighting until our clients’ interests are secure.
- Insights from Decades on Both Sides of Federal Investigations – With a team that includes former senior DOJ prosecutors, we offer insights from securing favorable results on both sides of federal investigations. We know how federal agents and prosecutors do their jobs, and we know what it takes to overcome their tactics during investigations and prosecutions.
- Extensive Experience in Federal Civil and Criminal Investigations – Our attorneys have collectively represented clients in more than 1,000 federal investigations. This includes investigations that are civil and criminal in nature. Why is this important? If you have been accused of a crime and it is not possible to distance yourself from the allegations completely, seeking a civil resolution instead of facing criminal charges can keep prison time off of the table.
- An Unwavering Commitment to Top–Notch Client Service – Even in our busiest hours, our clients always come first. We take pride in serving our clients with skill, professionalism, and compassion at every turn. When you need to speak with us, we will answer your call.
- Strategic Representation Focused on Efficient and Discrete Resolutions – We are strategic negotiators and litigators who rely on past experience to pursue efficient and discrete resolutions. We understand the risks you are facing even simply by being targeted in an investigation, and we want to make absolutely sure you do not face any more consequences than are absolutely necessary, given the circumstances at hand.
Decades of Collective Experience in High-Stakes Federal Criminal Cases
When your future is on the line, experience matters. While you are at a distinct disadvantage without legal representation, our federal criminal defense team can turn the tables in your favor, and we can use our experience to protect you to the greatest extent possible. Our attorneys have decades of collective experience in federal investigations, grand jury proceedings, trials, and appeals involving allegations of:
- Health Care Fraud (including Medicare, Medicaid, and Tricare Fraud)
- Federal Drug Crimes (including Diversion and Other Prescription Drug Crimes)
- Tax Violations
- Bank Fraud, Insurance Fraud, and Securities Fraud
- Mail Fraud and Wire Fraud
- Theft, Counterfeiting, and Embezzlement
- Money Laundering
- Public Corruption and Bribery
- Internet and Computer Crimes
- Conspiracy and Attempt
- Other White-Collar Crimes
The FBI, OIG, IRS and DEA Are Actively Pursuing Criminal Investigations in Anaheim, CA
If You Are under Investigation by the FBI…
If you are under investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), one of the first steps in building your defense strategy will be to determine precisely why you are under investigation. The FBI gets involved in federal matters involving a broad range of white-collar crimes. And in order to defend yourself, you need to know whether to focus your defense on health care fraud, corporate fraud, computer fraud, identity theft, or other criminal allegations.
If You Are under Investigation by the OIG…
As a health care provider, there is a good chance that at some point you will be contacted by the Office of Inspector General (OIG). The OIG is the law enforcement division of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), and it is responsible for investigating and prosecuting health care providers suspected of violating the False Claims Act, the Anti-Kickback Statute, and the nation’s other health care laws.
If You Are under Investigation by the IRS…
Through its criminal enforcement division, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) investigates and prosecutes individuals and corporate entities suspected of tax evasion and other federal tax crimes. While the IRS investigates many taxpayers independently, it also frequently gets involved in multi-agency investigations involving a broad range of white-collar criminal allegations.
If You Are under Investigation by the DEA…
The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) targets criminal drug enterprises, but it also targets health care providers and other legitimate entities suspected of crimes under the Controlled Substances Act. This includes prescription drug diversion, other forms of prescription drug fraud, and DEA registration violations. In addition to conducting regular audits of registered health care providers, the DEA also routinely conducts investigations into providers’ prescription practices based upon data analysis, confidential tips, and formal “whistleblower” complaints.
FAQs: Avoiding Prosecution in Federal Criminal Matters in Anaheim, CA
Q: What should I do to protect myself if I am being investigated by the FBI, OIG, IRS, or DEA?
If you are facing an FBI, OIG, IRS, or DEA investigation in Anaheim, there are several steps you need to take to protect yourself. While we cannot provide legal advice until we know the specific facts of your particular investigation, some of the steps we generally recommend include:
- Avoid making any statements to the investigating agents. Do not make assumptions, and do not try to be “helpful” by voluntarily sharing information.
- Make sure you know the deadlines in any subpoenas or other formal requests for documents or testimony.
- Engage legal counsel immediately to intervene in the investigation and communicate with federal agents and prosecutors on your behalf.
Q: How can your defense team help me avoid criminal prosecution?
When we represent clients in criminal matters, we take an exhaustive approach that focuses on challenging the government’s case from all angles. This includes using violations during the investigative process to have evidence suppressed, challenging investigators’ and prosecutors’ methods and assumptions, asserting affirmative defenses and poking holes in the prosecution’s case, and taking an aggressive posture in order to resolve the matter as quickly and quietly as possible.
Q: Am I really at risk for going to federal prison?
Possibly. FBI, OIG, IRS, and DEA investigations typically involve serious allegations, and a conviction will often carry the potential for inordinate fines and years or decades of federal incarceration. To protect our clients against these consequences, we seek to keep their cases civil in nature (civil violations do not carry the potential for prison time), and our Anaheim federal criminal defense lawyers explore all possible opportunities for resolving their cases prior to trial.
Q: Does your firm represent clients in Anaheim, CA?
Yes. We have office locations around the country, including an office on Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles. We represent clients throughout Southern California, and we can arrange for you to meet with a member of our federal criminal defense team in Anaheim as soon as possible.
Contact Our Anaheim Federal Criminal Defense Attorneys to Discuss Your Case
To discuss your case with our Anaheim federal criminal defense attorneys at Oberheiden, P.C., please call (214) 692-2171 or contact us online. We are available 24/7. You don’t have time to waste, so call or click to speak with an attorney now.