Beaumont, TX Federal Defense Firm
Trusted and Driven Texas-Based Federal Trial Lawyers Serving Beaumont
At Oberheiden, P.C., we are Texas-based trial lawyers with significant experience in representing federal matters. With a team that includes experienced defense attorneys and seasoned former U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) prosecutors, we handle cases from investigation through all levels of federal appeals.
If you are facing a federal investigation, what do you need to know? First and foremost, you are entitled to legal representation, and it is critical that you put an experienced legal team on your side. You could be very well facing off against a team of experienced agents and attorneys from multiple law enforcement agencies. If you do not take adequate measures to protect yourself, they will do what it takes to convict you.
Second, the fact that you are under investigation does not necessarily mean that you will be charged. The fact that you have not yet been charged may be that prosecutors don’t believe they have enough evidence to convict you – yet. By intervening in the investigative process, our attorneys can seek to persuade the prosecutors that they will not be able to build a case, and that further pursuit of the investigation would amount to a waste of everyone’s time and resources.
Meet Our Federal Criminal Defense Team
Our federal criminal defense team brings decades of experience to representing clients in federal cases in Beaumont, including 70 collective years of experience within the U.S. Department of Justice. Our team approach means that you will benefit from all of this experience during your federal case. Unlike other firms, we do not ask you to put your trust in a single attorney or a legion of inexperienced junior associates.
How We Defend Clients in Federal Matters
1. Aggressive Intervention in Federal Investigations
We have successfully helped our clients close their investigations without facing criminal charges. By intervening in the government’s investigation as early as possible, we have the greatest opportunity to challenge the government’s allegations and assumptions – and to present convincing arguments that lead to non-prosecution.
2. Comprehensive Defense Strategies
From constitutional protections to challenging the government’s evidence of intent (a key requirement to establish criminal culpability in most federal cases), we take an exhaustive approach that focuses on identifying all grounds to challenge the government’s case. The more questions we can raise, it is possible that prosecutors will be less convinced that it is worth taking your case to trial.
3. Obtaining Bond
Obtaining bond in federal cases and obtaining bond in state cases are two very different matters. We have extensive experience in federal bond matters; and in cases where have sought to secure bond for our clients, we have maintained a success rate of close to 100%.
4. Seeking Dismissal Following Indictment
While many defense attorneys believe that an indictment reduces their options to negotiating a plea deal or taking their chances at trial, we know that this is not the case. We have convinced federal prosecutors and judges to dismiss charges following indictment.
5. Fighting for Justice at Trial
With hundreds of jury and bench trials under our belts, we are more than comfortable taking our clients’ cases to court. If your best option is to go to trial, we will work vigorously to convince the jurors or judge that the government has fallen short of proving your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
Why Do Clients in Beaumont, TX Choose Oberheiden, P.C.?
If you are facing a federal investigation or federal charges, you cannot afford to trust your case to just anyone. Here are five reasons why clients in Beaumont, throughout Texas, and nationwide choose the federal criminal defense team at Oberheiden, P.C.:
- We Have an Extensive Experience Record. With experience in thousands of federal cases, we have significant experience in investigations, in pretrial proceedings, and in federal criminal court.
- We Have experience of the Government’s Strategies and Tendencies. As a result of our extensive experience – both as prosecutors with the DOJ and as federal criminal defense attorneys – we have experience in anticipating the government’s next move in your case.
- We Have Taken on All Major Federal Law Enforcement Agencies. Our experience includes successfully representing clients in cases involving the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the Office of Inspector General (OIG), the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Department of Defense (DOD), the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), and other federal law enforcement agencies.
- We Don’t Recommend Bad Deals. Unfortunately, some attorneys simply do not have the experience or the trial-readiness to avoid recommending bad deals to their clients. At Oberheiden, P.C., we won’t recommend a deal unless we think it represents the best possible outcome in your case.
- We Put Over a Century of Experience on Your Side. Between our past work for the U.S. Department of Justice and our criminal defense practice, we have well over a century of experience in complex federal matters.
Q&A with the Federal Criminal Defense Team at Oberheiden, P.C.
Q: How important is prosecutorial experience when defending against federal charges?
We believe that prosecutorial experience is critical when fighting to avoid unjust consequences as a result of federal investigations and federal charges. The more you know about the government’s approach, the better off you will be.
Q: How early in my investigation should I seek legal representation?
If you are aware that you are under investigation, it is time to hire legal representation. You need a legal team that can intervene in the investigation right away and collect critical information about the government’s case against you so that you can begin to mount an effective defense.
Q: What types of federal cases do you handle?
We handle federal criminal cases involving all types of serious offenses, and have particular experience in cases involving allegations of conspiracy, healthcare fraud, public corruption, bribery, wire and mail fraud, tax fraud, money laundering, federal drug charges, and computer-related offenses. We routinely defend clients facing accusations and charges under:
Contact Us Now if You Need a Qualified Federal Criminal Defense Attorney in Beaumont, TX
To get started building your defense, please call 888-680-1745 or contact us online. We provide free and confidential case assessments; and if necessary, our defense team can take action immediately to protect you or your company.