Table of Contents
- Federal Criminal Defense Attorneys and Former Justice Department Prosecutors Defending Clients Nationwide
- About the Federal Defense Team at Oberheiden, P.C.
- Avoiding and Fighting Federal Charges Throughout the United States
- A Secret to Our Success: We Are Trial Lawyers
- Why Do Clients Trust Oberheiden, P.C.?
- Important Questions Regarding Federal Prosecutions Nationwide
- Schedule a Free Consultation
Federal Criminal Defense Attorneys and Former Justice Department Prosecutors Defending Clients Nationwide
Oberheiden, P.C. is known for its forceful federal criminal defense practice. Former Department of Justice Trial Attorneys and seasoned federal criminal defense lawyers are available to offer proven defense strategies to clients nationwide. Call today to find out how former federal prosecutors assess your case. Our criminal defense trial attorneys are located in or licensed to federally practice throughout Illinois, Washington D.C., New York, Dallas, Houston, Miami, Los Angeles, San Diego, Detroit, Cleveland, Nebraska, New Mexico, Indiana, and other locations.
About the Federal Defense Team at Oberheiden, P.C.
Oberheiden, P.C. represents individuals and businesses nationwide against federal investigations, grand jury subpoenas, and federal criminal charges.
We offer clients experience and a proven track record. Many of our attorneys come from leading positions within the Department of Justice and have a first-hand understanding as to how the federal justice system works. Former Department of Justice Trial Attorneys, former Assistant United States Attorneys, former federal prosecutors, and skilled litigators will make sure that your rights are protected. Our experience includes:
- Dismissed Federal Indictments
- Avoided Criminal Charges in the Majority of Cases
- Handled More than 1,000 Federal Cases
- Handled More than 1,000 Grand Jury Subpoenas
- Unmatched Trial Record Exceeding 500 Criminal Trials
- 70 Years of Department of Justice Experience
Oberheiden, P.C. does not use junior lawyers or associates. All our clients are represented by top federal defense litigators with proven track records in federal cases. When your freedom is on the line, there is no time to experiment. Nothing replaces experience.
Clearly, the biggest mistake one can make is to underestimate federal charges. The federal justice system is no joke. The best DUI attorney in town may not be the right fit to dominate in negotiations with the FBI or federal prosecutors. Our firm knows how to take immediate action and how to protect you. Call today to speak to former prosecutors who know first-hand how the federal government builds a case and what to do against it.
Avoiding and Fighting Federal Charges Throughout the United States
Receiving a federal subpoena does not necessarily mean that a target will be indicted. Often, a quick and sophisticated response to the subpoena can defeat criminal charges. By contrast, not responding or providing an inadequate response to a grand jury subpoena will almost certainly result in criminal charges.
- Avoided Charges. Our Firm has a history of avoiding criminal charges in federal cases. Our attorneys have turned criminal cases into civil ones, avoided criminal charges in countless investigations, and saved many clients years of incarceration for unjust accusations.
- Obtained Bond. Bond in federal cases is very different from bond in state investigations. We have a close to 100% success rate of obtaining bond for our clients in federal criminal cases.
- Dismissed Charges. Our attorneys have convinced federal prosecutors and federal judges to undo and dismiss already presented indictments. While this is extremely rare, having been able to do so repeatedly may speak for the quality of our attorneys and the level of our skillset.
- Introduced Defenses. Criminal offenses require proof of intent. Further, all criminal offenses know a canon of accepted defenses that render a seemingly illegal conduct entire lawful. We have successfully defended clients in federal investigations by demonstrating that alleged misconduct either did not occur, did not occur intentionally, or did occur but was justified by a recognized defense.
- Federal Offenses Handled. Our attorneys have defended clients against almost every federal offense and criminal conspiracy including but not limited to 18 U.S.C. 1347 healthcare fraud (Medicare fraud, Medicaid fraud, violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute or the Controlled Substances Act, False Claims Act), 18 U.S.C. 1341 mail and 18 U.S.C. 1343 wire fraud, public corruption, bribery, tax fraud, tax evasion, securities fraud, insider trading, Ponzi scheme fraud, mortgage fraud, 21 U.S.C. 846 conspiracy to distribute, 21 U.S.C. 841distribution and possession with intent to distribute, 18 U.S.C. 924 possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking offense, marihuana, Hobbs Act, RICO, bank robbery, kidnapping, and crimes involving computers. If you were charged with a drug crime, let our Dallas federal drug charge defense lawyers take your side.
- Prevailed in Court. Our lawyers have prevailed in countless hearings against government lawyers. Because of our trial reputation, we have appeared in courts across the United States and zealously represented our clients from unjust prosecution. Here is the good news: the government has to convince 12 people beyond a reasonable doubt that you have done something wrong. We, however, only have to convince one person that the government is wrong.
Experience shows that the sooner a potential subject or target of a government investigation calls experienced attorneys for help, the higher the chance to avoid actual criminal charges. If you are in this situation, we urge you not to hesitate. The more time you give the government, the less time you have to start your defense. Call us now for a free and confidential assessment.
A Secret to Our Success: We Are Trial Lawyers
Oberheiden, P.C. is known for its forceful trial practice. Many clients come to Oberheiden, P.C. because they feel they did not do anything wrong and they want federal defense lawyers that can convince prosecutors, judges, or juries.
We don’t recommend bad plea deals. We approach every case with the idea to take the case to court. Doing so allows us to diligently analyze all elements of the case while sending shock waves to the government. Put simply, we don’t allow our clients to be easy fish. And prosecutors think twice about bringing or pursuing charges against our clients. After all, which prosecutor wants to go to court against a team of former Department of Justice Trial Attorneys and a team of criminal litigators with way more court experience?
Our attorneys were lead counsel in some of the largest, most complex, most prominent, and most watched trials in U.S. history. You will benefit from their experience.
Why Do Clients Choose Oberheiden, P.C.?
1. Our Focus on Federal Cases and Federal Trials
Many criminal defense lawyers handle whatever case comes in. We limit ourselves to federal cases. We don’t take DUI or domestic assault cases. The reason for this is the fact that the state and the federal justice system are very different and we believe to be excellent in one system requires an exclusive focus. As a consequence, we appear daily and regularly negotiate with the agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the Office of Inspector General (OIG), the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Department of Defense (DOD), the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the U.S. Attorney’s Office (USAO), the Department of Justice (DOJ), among many other federal agencies. Clients benefit from this concentration because we are able to offer them the experiences of decades and thousands of federal cases.
2. Our Results
Our track record is hard to beat. We have avoided criminal charges in federal cases in a large amount of cases for clients from across the United States. We took many of these cases from other lawyers and turned the case around. We have turned targets of federal investigations into witnesses, we have turned criminal cases into civil fines, and we have demonstrated our negotiation skills in countless meetings at the U.S. Attorney’s Office and argued hundreds of cases in federal courtrooms. Combined, we have saved our clients hundreds of years of imprisonment.
3. Our Team
Oberheiden, P.C. does not use junior lawyers. We do not employ associates. Our attorneys are seasoned litigators with strong academics (e.g. Yale Law School) and specific backgrounds in the federal justice system. We work as one team to filter out the very best ideas and the most compelling defense strategy.
The former federal prosecutors and federal criminal defense attorneys of Oberheiden, P.C. are available to discuss your case. Find out how experienced prosecutors and defense attorneys assess your situation and what advice they offer to clear your reputation and to protect your license. Calls are free and confidential.
FAQs: Important Questions Regarding Federal Prosecutions Nationwide
Who Will Handle My Case?
Our clients are represented by experienced defense lawyers and former federal prosecutors. Oberheiden, P.C. does not use junior lawyers or associates. We recognize the importance of your case and we will not waste your time or jeopardize your freedom. From the moment you hire us, you will exclusively work with senior attorneys.
What Is Your Track Record?
Our attorneys have successfully resolved government investigations involving healthcare fraud, public corruption, mail fraud, wire fraud, money laundering, tax fraud, antitrust violations, securities fraud, internet crimes, and many more.
When Should I Get a Federal Defense Attorney?
Immediately. The longer you wait, the more time you give the government to investigate you and your business, your affiliates, and possibly even your family members. Nothing is more effective than a forceful early legal defense strategy to stop and suppress a government investigation. If you want to discuss your case or your situation with us, you should call one of our senior attorneys today. Calls are free and absolutely confidential.
Call Today for a Free Case Assessment From Former DOJ-Prosecutors
Oberheiden, P.C. offers free and confidential consultations, including on weekends. If you are in a situation of concern or investigation, you should not hesitate to reach out to those attorneys that previously led and supervised federal investigations before representing clients like you at Oberheiden, P.C. Call now (800) 810-0259.
Related Federal Criminal Law Pages
Click here to view the list
- Crime Descriptions
- Criminal Defense
- Criminal Defense of Federal Employees
- Cryptocurrency Fraud
- ERISA Criminal Investigations
- Federal Criminal Lawyers for White Collar Defense
- Federal Employment Tax Fraud Investigations
- Federal Extradition Law
- Letter from U.S. Postal Inspection Service
- What are Conditions for Pre-Trial Release?
- Defending Drug Conspiracy Charges
- Business Burglary
- Capital Murder
- Federal Compound Pharmacy Fraud Defense Attorneys
- Home Burglary
- Family Violence
- Intoxication Offenses
- Possession with Intent to Distribute
- Sexual Assault
- Terroristic Threat
- Vehicle Burglary
- Federal Grand Jury Subpoena Defense Lawyers