Jacksonville Federal Criminal Defense Lawyers (FBI, OIG, IRS, DEA)
As Florida‘s largest city, Jacksonville is home to a metro population of more than 1.6 million people, thousands of businesses, and numerous military bases. Banking, finance, healthcare, and insurance are among the dominant forces in its economy. Meanwhile, the overall crime rate in Jacksonville is one of the highest in the state, with illegal drug activity ranking among the most common crimes. All these factors mean that federal agencies, such as the DEA, FBI, OIG, and IRS, maintain a heavy presence in Jacksonville – from the downtown area to the Jax Beaches, surrounding communities like Ponte Vedra, and beyond. These investigations aren’t limited to “street crime.” On the contrary, many are high-stakes matters aimed at business entities, healthcare professionals, corporate officers, white-collar workers, and individuals working in finance. If you are aware of a federal criminal investigation that might involve you or your business (or if you have already been targeted by agents of the FBI or any other federal agency), you should get in touch with an experienced Jacksonville federal criminal defense lawyer, right away.Oberheiden, P.C., is a Jacksonville federal criminal defense law firm with a national presence and a robust record of results. Our firm offers 100+ years of combined experience in federal law (including several attorneys who used to work as prosecutors for the U.S. government before transitioning to private defense practice). We provide comprehensive federal defense services to businesses and individuals in Jacksonville and North Florida. In the overwhelming majority of cases, we have avoided criminal charges for our clients.
Are You Being Investigated by the FBI, OIG, IRS, or DEA in Jacksonville?
Everything you do from this point forward matters. Choosing the right firm can make all the difference. While we cannot promise specific results, at Oberheiden, P.C., we always set our sights on the optimal outcome for our clients. We offer an Emergency Defense Package for urgent legal crises that arise unexpectedly. Our Jacksonville federal criminal defense attorneys are also available to assist with investigations that are still in the early stages.
- We fight to Avoid Charges in Every Case. The earlier we can get involved in an investigation by the FBI, DEA, IRS, or OIG, the better. If the government has not filed charges against you yet, there is still a clear window of opportunity for avoiding charges altogether. Indeed, at Oberheiden, P.C., we have resolved the overwhelming majority of our clients’ cases with zero charges filed. Avoiding charges is always the best outcome, and it is always our goal.
- We Rely on Extensive Federal Experience to Execute Strong Defense Strategies. Successful criminal defense hinges on insight and strategy. We have the benefit of insight from both sides of federal investigations, thanks to the veteran experience of the former federal prosecutors in our office. Because we have refined our approach over many years of experience, we believe we can level the playing field for our clients and pursue the strategies that present the highest likelihood of a favorable outcome.
- We Help Our Clients Make Confident and Informed Decisions. If you are being targeted by the FBI, DEA, IRS, OIG, or another federal agency in Jacksonville, you’ll probably find yourself asking questions you never thought of before. Things like, “How should I prepare my employees for the possibility of a federal raid?”, “What if I know of evidence that could incriminate me?”, “What should I be doing (or not doing) right now to protect my interests during a pending investigation?” We are here to answer your questions with shrewd, informed, and confidential guidance.
- We Focus on the Unique Aspects of Each Individual Case. At the beginning of any legal crisis, we focus on getting to the heart of the situation. It’s essential that we understand every element of the case as well as every fact that might be of interest to the government. We ask the right questions from day one, always with an eye toward the small details that can make a decisive difference.
- We Never Give In. We aren’t a “cross your fingers” defense firm, nor do we reach for low-hanging fruit. Our philosophy for criminal defense is an aggressive one – laser-focused on the most favorable outcome. We put a foot on the pedal and press down hard, refusing to ease off the gas until our clients are cleared.
Jacksonville Federal Defense Lawyers for All Criminal Matters
No matter what kind of criminal matter you might be facing in Jacksonville, Oberheiden, P.C., is here to help – from white-collar criminal matters (such as healthcare fraud, money laundering, stockbroker fraud, etc.) to drug busts, drug diversion investigations, and even highly sensitive accusations of sexual crimes or internet-related offenses. Our experience in criminal defense includes:
- Medicare & Medicaid fraud
- Insurance fraud
- Other forms of healthcare fraud
- Drug trafficking or possession
- Drug diversion
- Other violations of the Controlled Substances Act
- Mail, wire, bank, or credit card fraud
- Conspiracy or Attempt at the federal level
- Counterfeiting / Embezzlement / Money laundering / Theft
- Stockbroker fraud / Financial advisor fraud
- Tax violations
- Public Corruption
- Sex crimes
- Internet crimes
- Violent crimes
Why Am I Being Targeted by the…
…Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)?
The FBI serves as the country’s primary law enforcement agency. If you are being targeted by the FBI in Jacksonville, it may be in connection with the FBI’s primary areas of investigation. These include: computer crimes, internet crimes, terrorism, public corruption, bribery, organized crime, federal conspiracies, and drug crimes. However, the FBI is often involved in investigations led by other agencies as well.
…Office of Inspector General (OIG)?
The OIG serves as the law enforcement arm of the national Department of Health & Human Services (HHS). Most HHS – OIG investigations pertain to allegations of healthcare fraud targeting a federal benefits program, such as those operated by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Jacksonville is home to a large number of federal benefits recipients, so anyone billing a government healthcare program should remain extremely cautious.
…Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?
The IRS serves as the nation’s tax collection agency and as its primary law enforcement agency for tax-related crimes. Most IRS investigations pertain to a criminal violation of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC). Many of these matters involve a suspicion of intentional tax fraud. However, the IRS assists other federal agencies in matters that might involve tax filings or IRC violations (money laundering, for instance). Anyone being targeted by the IRS in Jacksonville should seek legal assistance, right away.
…Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)?
The DEA is the agency chiefly responsible for regulating and enforcing the federal Controlled Substances Act, which governs not only illegal substances but also prescription medications. Accordingly, DEA investigations in Jacksonville may be aimed at healthcare providers suspected of drug diversion, at high-level professionals suspected of possessing a large quantity of illegal drugs or playing some small role in a drug conspiracy, or at drug dealers accused of peddling illegal street substances.
Q&A with an Experienced Federal Defense Attorney
Q: Does the federal government negotiate plea bargains?
Q: How long do I have before charges get filed?
Q: Can your firm represent me in Jacksonville, FL?
Speak with a Federal Defense Lawyer about Your FBI, IRS, DEA, or OIG Investigation in Jacksonville
Oberheiden, P.C.’s Jacksonville federal criminal defense lawyers have significant experience in high-stakes federal investigations. If your business, practice, or reputation is at risk, we can use our experience on both sides of FBI, OIG, IRS, and DEA investigations to develop a narrowly tailored strategy. Our one and only goal is protecting you. That means keeping you in business, out of prison, and away from the financial destruction that a federal criminal conviction could bring. For more information and legal advice relevant to the specifics of your investigation in Jacksonville, please set up a free and confidential case assessment with our office, right away. Simply call 888-680-1745 or tell us how we can help online now.
Additional Pages for Jacksonville, Florida
All website terms, conditions, and disclaimers apply to this information and are hereby fully incorporated. Specifically, this information has been prepared (1) for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice; (2) This information may constitute attorney advertising in some jurisdictions; (3) Merely reading this information does not create an attorney-client relationship; (4) Attorneys of Oberheiden, P.C., are not licensed in all states but are only licensed to practice in the states mentioned in their respective biographies. Nothing contained in here is meant to constitute the unauthorized practice of law or a suggestion of physical presence in the state; (5) Prior results do not guarantee similar outcomes in the future.