Frisco Federal Criminal Defense
Skilled Former North Texas Department of Justice Attorneys Advising Businesses and Business Owners in Collin County & Denton County, Texas
Frisco, Texas is on the rise. A rapidly growing city, an attraction to investors, visitors, and new residents alike, Frisco has become a true North Texan landmark. With the rapid expansion and growth, Frisco has also become a center of law enforcement and federal investigations involving Medicare Fraud, Tax Fraud, Mortgage Fraud, Bank Fraud, Drug Trafficking, computer offenses, and other federal offenses. If your business or you individually are accused of a federal offense, subject to a grand jury subpoena, received a target letter, or have questions about FBI, DEA, and OIG investigations in Frisco, Denton, Denton County, or Collin County—then you should follow this article, co-written by former Department of Justice attorneys.
Oberheiden, P.C. Is a North Texas Law Firm Defending Against Federal Investigations, Grand Jury Subpoenas, and Federal Indictments
Oberheiden, P.C. is a North Texas federal criminal defense law firm comprised of lawyers with substantial experience in federal cases and federal litigation. In fact, we are the only law firm that exclusively handles federal cases, giving us an extra edge in addition to our already distinct and nationally recognized backgrounds.
If you have (ANY) reason to believe that your company, your practice, or you individually is under investigations, you cannot afford to hesitate and you cannot afford to gamble. Call the experienced federal defense attorneys of Oberheiden, P.C. right away and visit us at our North Dallas office today, including on weekends.
Approached by FBI Agents or Received Notice from the U.S. Attorney’s Office? Get the Former Federal Prosecutors from North Texas Law Firm Oberheiden, P.C. On Your Team
Oberheiden, P.C. is a team of former Department of Justice lawyers with substantial experience and local presence in North Texas. With decades of experience as prosecutors, hundreds of FBI cases handled, and prominent litigation results, Oberheiden, P.C. is one of Texas’ most trusted law firms when it comes to effectively defending businesses and individuals against FBI, OIG, or DEA investigations.
Without a doubt, Denton County and Collin County have experienced an enormous uptick in federal investigations, FBI arrests, search warrant executions, and grand jury proceedings. Frisco, as well as neighboring Plano and McKinney, are assigned to the Eastern District of Texas. The Eastern District of Texas, with headquarters at the federal courthouses in Tyler, Beaumont, Sherman, Marshall, and Lufkin, is known for its rigid enforcement of federal laws. Any encounter with law enforcement should be taken seriously. This is all the more true since a new directive from the Washington D.C. Justice Department encourages federal prosecutors, including those in charge of Frisco, to even more strictly enforce federal laws.
This new DOJ initiative has left its marks in Denton and Collin County, and Oberheiden, P.C. has been engaged to resolve quite a few new FBI matters in the Frisco area. The Justice Department focuses on:
Health Care Investigations
- Pharmacy, Toxicology, Opioid, Marketing Investigations
- 18 U.S.C. 1349 Conspiracy to Commit Health Care Fraud
- 42 U.S.C. 1320a-7b(b)(2) Payment of Illegal Remuneration
- 42 U.S.C. 1320a-7b(b)(1) Receipt of Illegal Remuneration
- 21 U.S.C. 841 Distribution and Possession with Intent to Distribute Narcotics
- 26 U.S.C. 7206 Tax Fraud
- 18 U.S.C. 1346 Bank Fraud
- 18 U.S.C. 1349 Conspiracy to Commit Wire Fraud
- 18 U.S.C. 1349 Conspiracy to Commit Mail Fraud
- 18 U.S.C. 1030 Computer Fraud and Abuse
Federal Drug Charges
- 18 U.S.C. 1956 Money Laundering
- Conspiracy to Distribute Narcotics or Controlled Substances
- Conspiracy to Possess with Intent to Distribute Controlled Substances or Narcotics
- Receiving Illegal Remuneration in Connection with Controlled Substances
- Distributing or Possessing Narcotics with Intent to Distribute
FAQs: Important Questions Regarding FBI, OIG, and DEA Investigations in Frisco
What Are the Penalties in Federal Criminal Cases?
Penalties in federal cases can be harsh and require effective counseling. In general, most federal matters are felonies and they carry sentencing ranges of up to 10 years (health care fraud) or even 20 years (mail fraud, wire fraud). To avoid this, the key in a federal investigation is to have experienced attorneys intervene as early as possible. The faster a competent lawyer can open a dialogue with the agents or the prosecutors leading the case, the more likely it is for this client to escape the investigation unharmed.
Why Should I Hire Oberheiden, P.C.?
Many firms will say that they are experienced and that they can help you. And, indeed, there are many good lawyers in DFW and in North Texas. To find orientation in this maze of options, we always tell clients to interview different firms and to ask them specific questions to explore the lawyer’s concrete experience in a case similar to your situation. Here are a few questions we believe are important to ask:
- What Percentage of Your Practice Is Dedicated to FBI (DEA, OIG) Investigations?
- What Percentage of Your Practice Is Dedicated to Defending Health Care Fraud (Bank Fraud, Tax Fraud, Opioid Cases etc.)?
- In How Many Federal Cases Did You Avoid Criminal Charges?
- What Makes Your Firm Different?
Oberheiden, P.C. is very proud to share our answers to those and any other question you may have.
- Our Practice is Close to 100% Dedicated to Federal Defense Cases, with the Vast Majority of Our Cases Involving the FBI and other Federal Law Enforcement Agencies. Most of Our Lawyers Spent their Entire Careers in the Federal Criminal Justice System, as United States Prosecutors and Litigation Counsel.
- We Are Primarily a White-Collar Defense Firm and, Unlike Other Firms, We Only Handle Federal Cases. So, Virtually All Our Cases Involve an Element of Federal Fraud (Financial Offenses).
- Our Success Rate of Avoiding Charges for Clients in Federal Cases Reaches Approximately 90%, Chiefly Depending on How Early in the Case a Client Will Contact Us.
- As Far As We Can Tell, We Are the Only Law Firm in the Country that Focuses Its Practice on Federal Investigations and Federal Litigation. With More than 1,000 Grand Jury Cases, More than 1,000 FBI Investigations, and More than 500 Criminal Trials Handled, Our Experience Is Simply Unmatched.
Who Will Handle My Case at Oberheiden, P.C.?
We are who we say we are. From the initial consultation to the last step in your case, you will work with senior lawyers like Dr. Nick Oberheiden: attorneys with experience. We do not use junior lawyers and we don’t let paralegals get involved in your case. Your case is too important and any mistake can jeopardize your case’s outcome. That’s why you get a team of former prosecutors and experienced federal attorneys to help you with your situation. Our results support this approach of seniority.
- We Avoided Criminal Charges in 90% of Federal Investigations.
- We Obtained Acquittals, Dismissed Federal Indictments.
- We Saved Clients Hundreds of Years of Imprisonment.
Does Oberheiden, P.C. Accept Weekend Consultations?
Yes. We encourage you to call us or visit our North Dallas office (5728 LBJ, Suite 250—Tollroad North & 635) for a free and confidential consultation from Dr. Nick Oberheiden or one of our experienced attorneys. We are available for you, also on weekends.
Contact Oberheiden, P.C., Frisco’s Trusted Federal Criminal Defense Lawyers
Connect with the experienced team of Oberheiden, P.C. today.