Medicare Fraud Criminal Charges Defense Attorneys Serving the Houston Area
Former Prosecutors & Defense CounselEffective Defense Strategies for:
Physicians, Business Owners, Marketers, Health Care Providers, Home Health & Hospice Agencies, DME Companies, Laboratories, Pharmacies, and Hospitals.Call Attorney Dr. Nick Oberheiden Directly: (214) 469-9009
Oberheiden & McMurrey, LLP represents doctors, pharmacies, laboratories, hospitals, and other health care professionals in Medicare fraud investigations throughout Houston and South Texas. Our lawyers include former prosecutors and experienced health care defense attorneys.
Serious Charges Require a Sophisticated Strategy
Medicare fraud investigations are one of the biggest threats to medical providers’ licenses, reputations, and livelihoods, but most importantly to their freedom. The attorneys at Oberheiden & McMurrey, LLP have a firsthand appreciation of the potential consequences providers face once they learn that they are under investigation for Medicare fraud. Because the federal government has designated Houston as a hot spot for Medicare fraud, Houston medical providers are particularly at risk for being investigated for fraud.
At the Oberheiden & McMurrey, LLP, our utmost priority is helping our clients avoid criminal charges or dismissing such charges as the result of a Medicare fraud investigation. Our strategy for escaping criminal charges is founded in our comprehensive knowledge of the health care laws and regulations, as well as our firsthand understanding of how health care investigations work. We can quickly assess the nature of the investigation and diagnose the reasons that prompted it.
Our background as former federal prosecutors and our routine appearance at the U.S. Attorney’s Office allows us to effectively communicate with the federal investigators and prosecutors in our clients’ cases. We know how to respond to their requests for information, and we know how to best present our clients to them throughout the investigation. If our client needs to meet with investigators, we know how to prepare them so that they do not incriminate themselves during the meeting.
We have combined these and other strategies to create an “Emergency Defense Package” that we tailor for each of our clients’ cases. In every situation, the main goal of the Emergency Defense Package is to help our clients avoid criminal charges and criminal convictions. The Emergency Defense Package involves prompt attention to clients’ questions and concerns, detailed analysis of government actions, and proactive legal strategies. The success of the Emergency Defense Package has earned us nationwide acclaim.
Clients of Oberheiden & McMurrey, LLP benefit from:
- Proven Defense Strategies
- Comprehensive Knowledge of Health Care Laws
- Knowledge of the Health Care Industry
- Insight of Former Federal Health Care Prosecutors
- Years of Trial and Investigative Experience
Medicare fraud investigations are on the rise in Houston! If you are a Houston medical provider being investigated for Medicare Fraud, you need a law firm that appreciates the magnitude of the charges you face and knows how to help you avoid criminal charges.
Relying on Past Success in Health Care Fraud Cases
Proven Track Record. Oberheiden & McMurrey, LLP has helped a great number of medical providers escape criminal charges or defeat criminal charges at trial.
No Intent. Not all mistakes are health care fraud. A medical provider must intend to defraud Medicare in order to commit health care fraud. The attorneys at Oberheiden & McMurrey, LLP understand the prosecution’s burden in proving a Medicare fraud case, and we have successfully demonstrated to prosecutors and investigators early on in our clients’ investigation that our clients did not have the requisite intent to commit health care fraud, thus helping them avoid being criminally charged.
Early Intervention. Oberheiden & McMurrey, LLP is ready to help its clients as soon as they learn about an investigation, and we do not wait until criminal charges have been filed to take action. By counseling our clients throughout the investigative process, we have helped many of them avoid mistakes that could have led to criminal charges.
Our Team on Your Side
Oberheiden & McMurrey, LLP brings a stellar reputation and a wealth of knowledge to every client it represents. Our defense team includes:
- Nick Oberheiden has years of health care fraud defense experience, and has successfully defended doctors, pharmacies, laboratories, and health care business owners and executives against allegations of fraud, false claims, kickbacks, and prescription fraud, brought by the DOJ, OIG, CMS, IRS, FBI, DEA, DOD (Department of Defense), and other federal agencies. Dr. Oberheiden is trained in negotiations by Harvard Law School, and he received his Juris Doctor from UCLA School of Law as well as a PhD in law.
- Attorney Lynette S. Byrd focuses her practice on civil and criminal litigation, Medicare and insurance audits, and general advice and counseling in health care law. She is a former Assistant United States Attorney with years of substantial trial experience under her belt who merges excellent litigation skills with profound understanding of the law.
- Blair Brogan is an experienced health care defense attorney who has successfully represented clients facing government investigation and prosecution for Medicare fraud, Tricare fraud, anti-kickback violations, Stark Law violations, False Claims Act violations, false certifications, and other types of health care fraud and white collar crimes. Blair is licensed to practice in Florida, Texas, and Louisiana and she resides in Houston, Texas.
If you are under investigation for Medicare fraud, you should contact Oberheiden & McMurrey, LLP today for a free and confidential consultation. Our attorneys are standing by seven days a week – including weekends – to answer your questions or discuss how we may be able to help you in our case.
Compliance – Litigation – Defense
Serving Houston, Texas and Surrounding Areas