The Oberheiden & McMurrey, LLP is a boutique law firm specializing in healthcare fraud defense made up of former federal healthcare fraud prosecutors and experienced healthcare defense attorneys. Our team includes Dr. Nick Oberheiden, a defense attorney for healthcare fraud cases and the managing principal of Oberheiden & McMurrey, LLP. Our attorneys have experience in Florida and around the country, and appreciate the opportunity to offer you and your business sophisticated and proven defense strategies in times of Medicare fraud allegations.
Serious Charges Require A Sophisticated Strategy
Penalties for healthcare fraud can range from monetary damages in a civil case to incarceration in prison and punitive fines in criminal cases. Obviously, healthcare fraud constitutes a serious offense under federal law. Every case is unique and requires its own approach, but we start our defense of every matter with the same goal: to avoid criminal conviction. To accomplish this goal, we deploy a proven strategy honed from our years of experience that includes methods to analyze the case and answer your most urgent questions as quickly as possible. One of our most well-known techniques, which has been featured by news stations across the United States, is the “Emergency Defense Package.” The EDP is specifically formulated to investigate, organize, and strengthen defensive protocols for those who have been targeted for investigation of healthcare fraud. Oberheiden & McMurrey, LLP offers:
- Proven Techniques & Defense Strategies
- Extensive Experience in Healthcare Law
- Insights from Former Federal Prosecutors
- Years of Trial Experience
- Hundreds of Successful Outcomes
The number of investigators and attorneys in the healthcare fraud is small. When the line between an honest mistake and reckless misconduct, which can mean the difference between a civil investigation and a criminal prosecution, is so thin, your lawyer’s reputation and past experience with the federal government may make all the difference.
Past Success in Healthcare Fraud Cases
- One of our top priorities is to avoid incarceration, criminal prosecutions, or indictments. We have had frequent success in avoiding charges even after an investigation has been opened.
- Our team, which includes several former federal prosecutors, has frequently been able to persuade the U.S. government that what looks like intentional fraud was the result of a simple human error that does not call for criminal or civil investigation or prosecution. Our successes in concluding investigations without criminal prosecutions include OIG and grand jury investigations into healthcare businesses, business owners, medical providers, and physician syndications.
- Our experience informs us that the more quickly a defense attorney is retained by a potential target or subject of a federal investigation, the more likely that target or subject is to avoid any criminal charges.
Our Team on Your Side
Oberheiden & McMurrey, LLP consists of experienced healthcare fraud defense attorneys who assist clients across the United States by using our proven defense strategies to defeat government investigations. All of our clients have direct access to senior attorneys, rather than being put off by secretaries, paralegals, or junior lawyers. The lawyers you will be able to speak to directly include:
- Nick Oberheiden Dr. Oberheiden has years of healthcare fraud defense experience, and has successfully defended doctors, pharmacies, laboratoires, and healthcare business owners and executives against allegations of fraud, false claims, kickbacks, and prescription fraud, brought by the DOJ, OIG, CMS, IRS, FBI, DEA, DOD (Department of Defense), and other federal agencies. Dr. Oberheiden is trained in negotiations by Harvard Law School, and he received his Juris Doctor from UCLA School of Law as well as a PhD in law.
- Attorney Lynette S. Byrd focuses her practice on civil and criminal litigation, Medicare and insurance audits, and general advice and counseling in health care law. She is a former Assistant United States Attorney with years of substantial trial experience under her belt who merges excellent litigation skills with profound understanding of the law.
If you have been notified, or suspect, that you are being investigated or audited by the federal government, or if you simply want to ask questions in a free and confidential setting, contact the experienced attorneys at Oberheiden & McMurrey, LLP today. Our senior attorneys are available seven days a week, including weekends.