Idaho Federal Criminal Defense Lawyer
From the Panhandle to the Magic Valley, federal authorities are targeting individuals and businesses across Idaho in numerous high-stakes investigations. Whether you are under investigation or under arrest, you need Oberheiden, P.C.’s experienced Idaho federal criminal defense lawyers.
How the Experienced Idaho Federal Criminal Trial Attorneys at Oberheiden, P.C. Can Help You and Your Business
Oberheiden, P.C.’s attorneys routinely defend other attorneys, physicians, nurses, accountants, business owners, politicians, CEOs, and anyone else seeking professional help against investigations involving the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Department of Justice (DOJ), the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Boise, Idaho, the IRS, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and many others. Our experience includes:
- Former Department of Justice Trial Lawyers
- Former Healthcare and Financial Fraud Prosecutors
- More than 1,000 Federal Cases Resolved With no Charges
- No Junior Attorneys
Oberheiden P. C’s has built a national reputation for federal criminal defense litigation. Our attorneys are known for meticulous hard work, experience, and for avoiding and reducing criminal charges. Our lawyers have represented clients all over the U.S., including the Gem State. Call true federal lawyers for your Boise case today!
- Oberheiden, P.C.: Federal Cases Only
- Oberheiden, P.C.: Experienced Federal Defense Lawyers
- Oberheiden, P.C.: Avoiding Charges in 90% of All Cases
- Oberheiden, P.C.: Reliable Advice, Top Results
Are the FBI, OIG, IRS, or DEA Targeting Your Business in Idaho?
Do you suspect or know that you are being targeted by a federal agency such as the FBI, IRS, OIG, or DEA? Have you uncovered evidence that could present serious problems to your business or to you personally? Have you received a target letter or grand jury subpoena from the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Idaho? If you answered yes to any of these questions – the first step you should take is to get in touch with a proven attorney to discuss the appropriate strategy. Remember, in federal criminal defense proceedings, there is no room for second chances or experimentation. You need Oberheiden, P.C.’s experienced Idaho federal criminal defense lawyers who have helped hundreds of clients in your situation.
At Oberheiden, P.C.:
- Our Attorneys Fight to Avoid Charges in Every A chance to avoid prosecution always exists, regardless of your concerns. Our law firm has a distinguished history of resolving cases for our clients without any charges being filed. Our most important goal in every investigation is to avoid charges.
- Our Attorneys Rely on Extensive Federal Experience to Execute Strong Defense Strategies. Our firm has decades of proven results and our approach is trial-tested and focused. Unlike other law firms in Idaho, Oberheiden, P.C. focuses entirely on the federal litigation domain. We do not practice Idaho state law.
- Our Attorneys Focus on the Unique Aspects of Each Individual Case. It starts with a custom defense strategy from our attorneys. Our firm has the philosophy that no detail in any case is too small, and we pay attention to every single aspect of an investigation. Our Idaho federal criminal defense lawyers keep our clients informed at all steps of the process.
- Our Attorneys Help Our Clients Make Confident and Informed Decisions. What should you do if you find self-incriminatory evidence? How do you respond to questioning from federal agents from the DEA, FBI, IRS, or OIG? How do you respond to a federal grand jury subpoena or target letter? Our attorneys can help you answer these questions and more, and they will help you navigate the maze that is the federal litigation process.
- Our Attorneys Never Give In. The promise our Idaho federal criminal defense lawyers make to each and every one of our clients is to never stop pursuing a positive outcome in their individual case and investigation. Our approach is proactive and unyielding and we never rest on our laurels.
The Gem State is part of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (in case citations, 9th Cir.). In the United States District Court for the District of Idaho, federal prosecutors are tasked to enforce federal law on behalf of the U.S. Department of Justice. Idaho contains one federal district, the United States District Court for the District of Idaho (in case citations, D. Idaho.). This district locates federal courthouses as well as branches of the Department of Justice, so-called U.S. Attorney’s Offices. The U.S. Attorney’s Offices employ federal prosecutors, also referred to as Assistant United States Attorneys (AUSA).
The United States District Court for the District of Idaho (in case citations, D. Idaho.) covers the counties of Boundary, Butte, Camas, Canyon, Caribou, Cassia, Clark, Clearwater, Custer, Elmore, Franklin, Fremont, Gem, Gooding, Idaho, Jefferson, Jerome, Kootenai, Latah, Lemhi, Lewis, Lincoln, Madison, Minidoka, Nez Perce, Oneida, Owyhee, Payette, Power, Shoshone, Teton, Twin Falls, Valley, Washington, and it hosts federal courthouses and U.S. Attorney’s Offices in Boise (550 W. Fort Street, Suite 400, Boise ID 83724).
- Healthcare Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1347)
- Conspiracy to Make False Statements Relating to Healthcare Matters (18 U.S.C. 1035; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Commit Healthcare Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1347; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Commit Theft or Embezzlement in Connection with Healthcare (18 U.S.C. 669; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Attempt or Conspiracy to Commit Healthcare Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1347; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Commit Medicare Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1347; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Accept or Receive Illegal Kickbacks (42 U.S.C. 1320a-7(b)(b); 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Commit Medicaid Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1347; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Unlawfully Use Health Information (42 U.S.C. 1320d-6; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Tax Fraud (26 U.S.C. 7206)
- Mail Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1341)
- Wire Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1343)
- Embezzlement (18 U.S.C. 641)
- Bank Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1344)
- Counterfeiting (18 U.S.C. 2320)
- Money Laundering (18 U.S.C. 1956)
- Mortgage Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1014)
- Insurance Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1007)
- Intellectual Property Crimes (15 U.S.C. 8101)
- Securities Fraud (15 U.S.C. 78j, 78jj; 18 U.S.C. 1348)
- Conspiracy to Commit Money Laundering (18 U.S.C. 1357; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Commit Mail Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1341; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Commit Wire Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1343; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Commit Bank Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1344; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Commit Tax Fraud (26 U.S.C. 7206; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Commit Securities Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1348; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Computer Crimes (18 U.S.C. 1030)
- Pornography Offenses (18 U.S.C. 2427)
- Prostitution & Trafficking Offenses (18 U.S.C. 2422)
- Unauthorized Access (18 U.S.C. 1030)
Drug & Opioid Offenses
- Federal Drug Conspiracy (21 U.S.C. 846)
- Unlawful Distribution of Controlled Substances (21 U.S.C. 841)
- Conspiracy to Distribute Controlled Substances (21 U.S.C. 841; 21 U.S.C. 846)
- Bribery (18 U.S.C. 201)
- Conspiracy to Commit Bribery (18 U.S.C. 201; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Obstruction of Justice (18 U.S.C. 1512)
- Perjury/ False Statement (18 U.S.C. 1001)
- Espionage Act (18 U.S.C. 793)
- Patriot Act (8 U.S.C. 1701)
- Wiretapping (18 U.S.C. 2511)
- Obstruction of Justice (18 U.S.C. 1501)
True Federal Defense Lawyers for All Criminal Matters in Idaho
Oberheiden P.C’s team of seasoned Idaho federal criminal defense lawyers has provided professional and prompt service to a wide array of individuals, including but not limited to: healthcare providers, attorneys, CEOs, business executives, business owners, nurses, medical workers, and other professionals. Our attorneys have handled many different types of investigations and cases, and defended clients against many different charges under Title 18 of the U.S. Code. Some of the most common are the Anti-Kickback Statute, the Controlled Substances Act, the Securities and Exchange Act, among others.
Our law firm has considerable experience in federal investigations and prosecutions involving allegations of:
- Healthcare Fraud
- Federal Drug Charges
- Tax Violations
- Public Corruption and Bribery
- Internet and Computer Crimes
- Conspiracy and Attempt
Why Am I Being Investigated by the…
…Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in Idaho?
Most people are aware that one of the most important and powerful federal law enforcement agencies is the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The FBI is specifically tasked with drug, organized crime, terrorism, computer and Internet, public corruption, and other crimes investigations and routinely works hand-in-hand with other federal agencies in order to target individuals suspected of involvement in a host of various federal crimes.
…Office of Inspector General (OIG)?
The mission of the OIG (Office of the Inspector General), which is the is the law enforcement wing of the Department of Health and Human Services, is to “to protect the integrity of Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) programs as well as the health and welfare of program beneficiaries.” The OIG in Boise, Idaho, targets primarily healthcare providers and physicians who are involved in Medicaid, Medicare, or Department of Labor (DOL) fraud charges.
…Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is one of the most well-known and feared federal agencies in the U.S. It’s extensive criminal enforcement division targets, aggressively, individuals and businesses suspected of underpaying taxes, committing fraud, under-reporting income, and a host of other financially related crimes.
…Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)?
Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) plays a centrally important role in federal investigations in Idaho when it comes to allegations involving drug-related offenses. These investigations typically involve the distribution of illegal drugs such as heroin, cocaine, LSD, opioids, etc. The DEA’s diversion control program is at the top of its law enforcement priorities in the country at the moment. This involves stopping the unlawful distribution and use of addictive prescription drugs, including opioids.
Q&A with Founding Partner and Federal Defense Attorney, Nick Oberheiden, PhD
Q: What are the penalties for federal crimes in Idaho?
The penalties range is very broad in federal crimes. For example, incarceration can last from a few years to a few decades, and fines can range from a few thousand dollars to millions of dollars. Only proven and experienced Idaho federal criminal defense lawyers can tell you what the exact parameters of any case are. Oberheiden, P.C.’s defense team will contact the agencies involved and find out the exact details of your investigation or case to give you a clearer picture of what is on the line.
Q: Am I really guilty of a federal crime?
It is way too early in the process to make such a determination. You should never assume that you are guilty, or could be found guilty. Our Idaho federal criminal defense attorneys take a proactive approach in utilizing a wide array of defense strategies to prove your innocence to the government.
Q: How long do I have before I am at risk of being charged by federal prosecutors in Boise?
The short answer to this question is that – if a federal agency or agencies (such as the DEA, FBI, IRS, or OIG) have been targeting you for a longer period of time, charges are most likely imminent. However, if the investigation is still fresh, you may have more options and time on your side. In either situation, the attorneys at Oberheiden, P.C. understand what the necessary steps are to achieve a good result.
Q: Does the federal government in Boise negotiate plea bargains?
The right policy in federal investigations is to never assume that you have to negotiate a plea right away. Our Idaho federal criminal defense lawyers know how to extract effective results for our clients to the point of even convincing federal prosecutors to drop the charges entirely. That’s our experience at work.
Q: Can your firm represent me in Idaho?
Yes, we represent businesses and the good people of Boise, Idaho—but only in federal cases. We can provide you with a complimentary consultation by phone and surprise you with our reasonable fees, so call us today.
Speak with our Proven Idaho Federal Defense Lawyers about Your FBI, OIG, IRS, or DEA Investigation
Federal investigations and cases are high-stakes affairs. Our Idaho federal criminal defense attorneys will use our extensive experience and insider federal litigation knowledge to secure the most positive result for you or your business. In FBI, OIG, DEA, and IRS investigations, our legal defense strategies are designed with the sole purpose of protecting you.
If you need more information and legal advice tailored to the specifics of your investigation, please contact us to schedule a free and confidential case assessment. To speak with a member of our federal defense team in confidence, call (888) 519-4897 or tell us how we can help online now.
Other state pages can be found here.