Los Angeles Federal Criminal Defense (FBI, OIG, IRS, DEA)
Federal Criminal Defense in Los Angeles, CA for any FBI, OIG, IRS, or DEA Investigations
12400 Wilshire Blvd #1180
Los Angeles, CA 90025
(Meeting location by appointment only)
Throughout Los Angeles County, federal investigators target businesses and individuals for federal investigations or criminal charges. Whether you’re implicated individually or your business is the subject of an investigation, you need counsel from the experienced Los Angeles Federal criminal defense lawyers at Oberheiden, P.C., a national federal criminal defense team.
Federal investigations are high-risk circumstances that can quickly escalate for you or your business. As an individual – such as an executive or a licensed professional – you could be subject to excessive fines and penalties or even prison sentences. Such results could damage your personal and financial life, your reputation, and your business. If you are being investigated or you receive a federal criminal subpoena, don’t wait to take action. Contact our team of highly experienced Los Angeles federal criminal defense lawyers today so that we can immediately determine how to protect you.
Oberheiden, P.C., is a team of federal defense attorneys with a national presence and a proven track record. We have handled thousands of federal cases and grand jury subpoenas. Our seasoned Los Angeles federal criminal defense lawyers are former U.S. Department of Justice attorneys, former Assistant United States attorneys, former federal prosecutors, and skilled litigators. We understand how the federal justice system works, and we know how the federal government builds cases.
This is Why You Are in Good Hands
We represent Los Angeles clients in matters involving the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Inspector General (OIG), the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). We represent both individuals and businesses in federal criminal enforcement actions.
Are You under Federal Criminal Investigation in Los Angeles?
If you or your business are the target of a federal criminal investigation initiated by the FBI, OIG, IRS, or DEA (or if you have uncovered an issue that could expose you or your business to federal law violations), any actions or inactions you take or don’t take moving forward can potentially impact your case. To understand your next steps, you must work with an experienced Los Angeles federal criminal defense attorney who not only comprehends the complexity of federal investigations, but also protects you during the investigation.
At Oberheiden, P.C.:
- We Focus Solely on Federal Cases. We focus solely on federal cases. Many criminal attorneys will take both state and federal criminal cases. Since the state and federal criminal systems differ, however, we prefer to focus on the federal system. This allows Los Angeles federal criminal defense lawyers to concentrate on federal investigations by the FBI, OIG, IRS, and DEA. We have now worked on thousands of federal cases over decades of legal practice. This concentration of experience benefits our clients.
- We Focus on Aggressive Defense Strategies. Regardless of your investigation’s scope, the moment you hire our Los Angeles federal criminal defense lawyers, we intervene in the investigation. Not only does this let federal agents know that you’re serious about your defense, but it gives our team the opportunity to determine how the government is building its case against you and allows us to mount an aggressive defense on your behalf.
- We Are Trial Lawyers. We are skilled trial lawyers, and our defense strategy will include taking your case to court. We won’t recommend a plea deal that’s not in your best interest. As proven Los Angeles federal criminal defense lawyers, with years of trial experience, with a significant portion of that experience occurring at the Department of Justice, we’ll fight for you against the government.
- We Are Experienced. We don’t use associates or junior attorneys. Highly-qualified, experienced federal defense attorneys with proven track records represent you. Your rights are paramount in federal criminal investigation cases. Experience matters.
- We Help Our Clients Make Informed Decisions. We help our clients navigate through a federal (or potential federal) investigation by educating our clients on the process and answering questions. This allows our clients to make informed decisions about their cases with our committed Los Angeles federal criminal defense lawyers by their sides.
Los Angeles Federal Defense Lawyers for Your Federal Criminal Matters
Our team represents clients through all stages of federal investigations – from beginning to end. While many of our cases involve representing licensed professionals, corporate officers and entities, and public officials in complex white-collar federal cases, we also have extensive experience in handling other high-stakes federal investigations.
For example, our team of attorneys has represented individuals and businesses charged with various federal criminal offenses, found under Title 18 of the U.S. Code, as well as federal crimes found in other federal statutes – such as the Controlled Substances Act, the Anti-Kickback Statute, and the Securities and Exchange Act.
Our Los Angeles federal criminal defense lawyers have extensive experience in involving allegations of:
- Computer and Internet Crimes
- Controlled Substance Offenses
- Criminal Conspiracy
- Healthcare Fraud
- Mail and Wire Fraud
- Mortgage Fraud
- Public Corruption
- Securities Fraud
- Tax Fraud and Tax Evasion
- Any Other Serious Federal Crime
Why Am I Being Investigated by the…
… Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)?
The FBI serves as the U.S.’s primary federal law enforcement agency. The FBI investigates threats and cases involving cyber-based attacks and high-technology crimes, public corruption, civil rights violations, transnational and national criminal organizations and enterprises, major white-collar crime, and significant violent crime. The FBI also works in cooperation with other federal agencies to target individuals and businesses suspected of being involved in various other federal crimes.
…Office of Inspector General (OIG)?
The OIG is the law enforcement agency of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Their sole mission is to protect the HHS programs and policies. The OIG investigates healthcare professionals, companies, and health plans. Investigations under OIG can be broad, including, for example, Medicare, Medicaid, and Tricare fraud or Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) violations.
…Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?
The IRS is one of the more well known U.S. federal agencies as well as one of the largest. The IRS Criminal Investigation (CI) arm of the agency detects and investigates tax and other financial fraud. This includes any fraud related to identity theft. Like the FBI, the IRS often works in tandem with other federal agencies.
…Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)?
The DEA’s mission is to enforce the U.S.’s controlled substance laws and regulations. Additionally, the DEA investigates any organization or individual involved in the growing, manufacturing, or distribution of controlled substances appearing in or destined for illicit traffic in the U.S. The diversion control program through the DEA is a top priority, which includes monitoring prescription drugs and the unlawful distribution of opioids.
Frequently-Asked Questions (FAQs): Federal Criminal Defense in Los Angeles, CA
Q: What are the penalties and fines for federal crimes?
Q: Can you tell me if I’m guilty of a federal crime?
Q: How long do I have before I’m going to be charged criminally?
Q: Does the federal government offer plea bargains?
Q: Can your firm represent me in Los Angeles, California?
Speak with our Los Angeles Federal Defense Attorneys about Your FBI, OIG, IRS, or DEA Investigation
Oberheiden, P.C.’s seasoned federal defense trial attorneys have extensive knowledge in high-stakes cases involving FBI, OIG, IRS, and DEA investigations. If you or your business is at risk, our Los Angeles federal criminal defense attorneys know how to take immediate action to protect you.
To learn more and to receive legal advice about your case, contact our team for a confidential, risk-free case evaluation. To speak with our Los Angeles federal criminal defense attorneys today, call 888-680-1745.