Nashville Federal Criminal Defense Lawyers
Both businesses and individuals in Nashville, Tennessee are prone to investigations by federal authorities. Whether you’ve been placed under arrest, or you’re under investigation, having experienced Nashville federal criminal defense lawyers on your side is critical. We at Oberheiden P.C. have experienced defense attorneys who can provide you with the suitable legal representation.
Federal investigations come with various risks, and these risks can be substantial depending on the committed offense. The persons involved can be fined exorbitantly and even face many years of imprisonment. If a business is responsible for committing the crime, it can lose its license or registration, experience significant financial liability, and many other penalties. An experienced legal team is the wisest choice to establish the most suitable line of defense.
Choose Oberheiden P.C. as Your Legal Representative
At Oberheiden P.C., we’re well-known in Nashville, in Tennessee, and throughout the country when it comes to handling federal criminal matters. Our senior attorneys have successfully represented clients in cases involving: the DHHS Office of the Inspector General (HHS-OIG), the FBI, the DEA, the IRS, and many other agencies as well as task forces. Dr. Nick Oberheiden, our law firm’s founder, has many years of experience in federal litigation and high-risk cases. He also has a team of highly qualified attorneys who have amassed a lot of knowledge and experience throughout the years they’ve been in service, and they can use that expertise to fight for a better outcome in your situation.
Are the DEA, FBI, OIG, or IRS Targeting You in Nashville?
One thing federal investigations are well known for is their extreme seriousness. Anything you do or say can bring potentially damaging repercussions. If you’re a target in an investigation by federal agencies such as the FBI, DEA, IRS, or OIG, have discovered information that may lead to federal charges, or have gotten a target letter or a grand jury subpoena, do not wait to see what will happen next. Get legal counsel right away! Note that experience is one of the biggest assets in a case, and our attorneys can help you navigate the complex process of federal investigations. At Oberheiden, P.C.:
- We’re always keen on avoiding formal charges in every case we handle – If prosecutors have not yet charged you formally, there is still a chance to avoid prosecution and its risks. We have a proven track record of settling cases without having them go to prosecution.
- We’re extensively experienced in federal legal matters – A federal criminal case requires a strong defense approach for an effective fight. Oberheiden P.C. is not like other law firms in Nashville; we focus 100% on federal cases, and we have the experience to develop suitable strategies that will produce favorable results.
- We create custom-tailored approaches for each case – Our Nashville federal criminal defense attorneys understand that even the smallest issues can cause huge problems. That’s why they don’t leave anything to chance. They intricately evaluate cases and develop personalized strategies depending on the situation at hand. We also stay in touch with our clients to inform them about any new developments and let them know how they can contribute to their defense.
- We help our clients make better decisions throughout the process – The federal litigation process has many different aspects and complexities. Our attorneys can answer some of your questions such as: Should I answer questions from IRS, OIG, DEA, or FBI agents? When and how should I take action when I get a target letter? What should I do about information that can incriminate me? We will help you understand the federal litigation system’s complexities and address any of your questions or concerns.
- We do not give up – Even though some situations may seem tough, we never give up the fight to achieve better outcomes for our clients. We continue working hard and looking for other strategies to get favorable results, and we have seen this unyielding approach lead us to desirable outcomes for our past clients.
Oberheiden P.C. Law Firm – How Can Our Experienced Federal Criminal Attorneys Help?
Here at Oberheiden P.C., we represent anyone looking for help against federal investigations. It doesn’t matter whether they’re nurses, physicians, company CEOs, business owners, accountants, lawyers, or any other person or entity. It also doesn’t matter whether they’re being investigated by the U.S. Attorney’s Office, the IRS, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), or any other, we can confidently represent them. Our Nashville federal criminal defense team has many years of experience, including:
- Individuals who served formerly as trial attorneys for the DOJ
- Persons who previously served as healthcare fraud prosecutors
- Over 1,000 cases settled without any charges
- Senior attorneys only; no junior associates
Our Federal Defense Attorneys Handle All Criminal Matters in Nashville
While a significant part of our practice is dedicated to representing various healthcare providers, we also serve other clients in a wide range of non-healthcare criminal issues. We represent licensed experts, public officials accused of white-collar crime, corporate entities and their officers, and other persons. Oberheiden P.C. represents entities and individuals in different types of federal crime under the U.S. Code Title 18 and other federal criminal statutes. The most common ones are the Securities and Exchange Act, the Controlled Substances Act, the Anti-Kickback Statute, among others.
Our Nashville federal criminal defense attorneys are extensively experienced in federal prosecutions and investigations concerning:
- Attempt and Conspiracy
- Tax violations
- Federal drug crimes
- Internet and computer offenses
- Healthcare fraud
- Public corruption and bribery
Understanding Why Different Agencies and Departments are Targeting You
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
The IRS is a government agency tasked with the work of collecting taxes and enforcing tax laws. This agency also conducts criminal investigations targeting individuals and entities suspected of tax underpayments, income underreporting, and other criminal offenses under the Internal Revenue Code. The IRS is included among other agencies in accusations concerning Medicaid fraud, Medicare fraud, money laundering, and other federal financial crimes.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
The FBI is one of the most crucial federal enforcement agencies in the United States. It specifically holds responsibility for handling matters involving drugs, public corruption, organized crime, computer and internet crimes, terrorism, and other crimes. It also works jointly with other agencies such as the IRS, the OIG, and others depending on the federal crime in question.
The Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
This agency is tasked with the work of handling accusations concerning drug-related crimes. While these allegations may vary, they typically involve the manufacture and distribution of illicit drugs such as cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LCD), and prescription drugs. Currently, the diversion control program is being prioritized by the DEA. It involves stopping the transfer of legally prescribed controlled drugs to other people, especially for illegal purposes. Opioids are the most common drugs that are diverted.
The Office of Inspector General (OIG)
The OIG is the Department of Health and Human Services’ (DHHS) law enforcement wing, and its mission is protecting DHHS’s programs as well as the health and welfare of individuals who benefit from these programs. It fulfills its mission by investigating and charging individuals or entities suspected of Medicare fraud, Medicaid fraud, Tricare fraud, and fraudulent actions concerning the Department of Labor (DOL), among many other offenses.
Understanding the Penalties for Federal Offenses
Federal criminal offenses carry a wide array of penalties. Imprisonment can last for as long as several decades, and fines can be as huge as millions of dollars. To understand the penalties you’re at risk for, contact a qualified attorney. Your Nashville federal criminal defense lawyer will comprehensively assess your situation to determine its scope and potential risks. If you hire us here are Oberheiden, P.C., we’ll get in touch with the relevant agencies or task forces to know more about the investigations you’re facing.
Penalties for federal crimes are potentially life-altering, and they can adversely affect both individuals and businesses. To increase the chances of achieving a favorable outcome, don’t hire a law firm that will give your case to a junior lawyer. You should only trust your case to an experienced attorney who knows how to act every step of the way without putting you at any risk of damaging consequences. As we mentioned earlier, we only work with senior attorneys here at Oberheiden P.C., who have many years of experience in handling federal criminal issues.
Talk to a Nashville, Tennessee Federal Criminal Defense Attorney About Your DEA, IRS, OIG, or FBI Investigation
If you’re facing a high-risk federal investigation or charge, talk to us here at Oberheiden P.C. We will thoroughly evaluate the circumstances at hand and use our experience and knowledge to protect your reputation, practice, or company from substantial consequences. If the investigations involve the IRSOIG, FBI, or DEA, we formulate suitable defense strategies meant to safeguard you.
Contact our Nashville federal criminal defense attorneys to learn more about how we can help you or get answers to any of your questions or concerns. We’re available 24/7, and our initial consultations are absolutely free. Call us today through (888) 680-1745 or use this online form to let us know how we can help.