Nashville Federal Defense Attorneys
Federal Defense Attorneys with a Proven Record of Success in Audits, Investigations, and Litigation. Are You are Being Targeted by the DOJ, FBI, OIG, or Any Other Federal Agency in Nashville? Call Now.
When dealing with federal authorities, everything you say and do matters. Regardless of whether you are the target of a federal investigation or you are currently being treated as a potential witness in another individual’s or business’s case, you need to make smart, strategic decisions in order to protect yourself. Witnesses can quickly become targets, and targets can quickly become defendants. In order to avoid severe, business-threatening or practice-threatening consequences, you need defense counsel who understand your case from the federal government’s point of view.
Our federal defense lawyers bring centuries of combined experience to defending businesses, business owners and executives, licensed professionals, and other clients in Nashville. This includes not only experience as defense counsel, but also more than 70 years of prior experience in the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and the U.S. Attorney’s Office. Our lawyers have been on both sides of high-profile federal civil and criminal cases across the county, and we can use this experience to protect you against substantial civil liability or a life-altering criminal conviction.
Oberheiden, P.C. is Your Choice for White-Collar Federal Defense in Nashville, TN
From opioid trafficking and diversion to securities fraud and tax evasion, federal authorities are targeting individuals and businesses in Nashville for a broad range of white-collar offenses. Although many of these types of investigations start out as civil inquiries (meaning there is no risk of prison time), federal prosecutors will not hesitate to pursue criminal charges when they find evidence of intent to violate the law.
At Oberheiden, P.C., we build our clients’ defense strategies based on a thorough understanding of the pertinent federal laws, the federal law enforcement process, and the industries in which our clients operate. From health care providers to cryptocurrency companies, we have the knowledge and experience required to hit the ground running and defend our clients comprehensively and cost-effectively.
In Nashville, you have a choice when it comes to legal representation for federal matters. However, when you carefully consider the options that are available, you will see that not all law firms are created equal. At Oberheiden, P.C., we offer:
- Exclusive Focus on Federal Civil and Criminal Defense – Federal defense isn’t one of our practice areas, it is our practice area. The demands of federal cases are unique from those in state-level prosecutions, and successfully defending against federal allegations requires an intimate understanding of the statutes, regulations, case law, and procedural rules involved.
- Decades of Experience Inside the DOJ and U.S. Attorney’s Office – Several of our attorneys are former DOJ prosecutors, former U.S. Attorneys, and former Assistant U.S. Attorneys. This experience affords our team unique insights into the methods and decision-making processes behind white-collar federal investigations and prosecutions.
- A Team of Senior Attorneys Who Will Collaborate on Your Defense – Our federal defense team is made up entirely of senior attorneys. Federal cases are simply too complex and too important to entrust to inexperienced associates. Furthermore, as a result of working with all types of businesses throughout the country, our senior attorneys are intimately familiar with the unique aspects of our clients’ businesses and professional practices as well.
- Direct Access and 24/7 Availability – As a client of Oberheiden, P.C., you will have direct access to the attorneys on your defense team. We make ourselves available to our clients around the clock, and we can provide representation on an emergency basis when necessary.
- Insights Derived from Experience in Thousands of Federal Cases – Together, our federal defense attorneys have handled thousands of audits, investigations, grand jury proceedings, trials, and appeals. When your business, practice, and potentially even your personal freedom are on the line, this is the level of experience you need on your side.
We Represent Individuals and Corporate Clients in All Federal White-Collar Matters
Experience in Matters Involving All Federal Agencies
Our federal defense practice encompasses matters involving all types of white-collar civil and criminal allegations, and our attorneys have experience in cases involving all major federal law enforcement agencies. We routinely represent clients in Nashville and other major cities across the country who are being targeted in audits and investigations involving:
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Criminal Investigation Division
- Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs), Recovery Audit Contractors (RACs), Unified Program Integrity Contractors (UPICs), and Zone Program Integrity Contractors (ZPICs)
- U.S. Attorney’s Office
- U.S. Department of Defense (DOD)
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Office of Inspector General (OIG)
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ)
- U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)
- U.S. Postal Inspection Service (USPIS)
If you have received a civil investigative demand (CID), target letter, grand jury subpoena, or any other form of inquiry from one of these federal agencies – or if federal agents have raided your home or business in Nashville – you should seek legal representation immediately. To speak with a federal defense attorney at Oberheiden, P.C. in confidence, call 214-469-9009 now.
Cases We Handle
In federal white-collar cases, individuals and businesses can face numerous allegations for a broad range of statutory offenses. This includes crimes under Title 18 of the United States Code as well as civil and criminal offenses under statutes targeting specific industries and practices – such as health care, drugs, consumer finance, and public securities offerings. Our attorneys’ experience includes successfully defending clients against allegations including:
- Bank Fraud
- Government Contract Fraud
- Health Care Fraud
- Insurance Fraud
- Mail Fraud and Wire Fraud
- Mortgage Fraud
- Securities Fraud
- Intellectual Property Theft
- Money Laundering
- Tax Evasion
- Public Corruption and Bribery
- Theft of Government Property
- Drug Crimes
- Terrorist Acts
In many cases, it will not be clear why you, your business, or your professional practice is being targeted by federal authorities. If you do not know why you are being targeted, this does not mean that you should wait until you have more information. It is also critically important that you not make assumptions about (i) the allegations against you, or (ii) your guilt or innocence. If federal authorities are coming after you, you need to immediately begin making informed decisions based on the advice of legal counsel.
5 Key Facts about Being Targeted by Federal Authorities in Nashville, TN
1. Right Now, the Federal Government has the Upper Hand.
At this point, the federal government has the upper hand. Federal agents and prosecutors know why they are investigating, what they are investigating, how long they have been investigating, and how close they are to filing charges – and you don’t. In order to stand a fighting chance, you need to get up to speed as quickly as possible.
2. Your First Priority Should be to Intervene and Get Up to Speed.
With this in mind, your first priority now that you are aware of the investigation should be to intervene. This will slow down the investigative process and allow you to begin gathering the information you need to build an appropriate defense. This is one area in particular where experience matters, and our attorneys can quickly and effectively intervene on your behalf to start shifting the balance of power in your favor.
3. It Might Not be Too Late to Avoid Being Charged.
When facing a federal investigation, the ideal result is generally to avoid charges while also keeping all information about the investigation confidential. As your federal defense counsel, we will work diligently to build a convincing argument for federal prosecutors not to file charges against you and your company or practice. We have resolved the vast majority of our clients’ federal cases without charges being filed.
4. Civil and Criminal Federal Investigations Can Both have Severe Consequences.
While facing a civil investigation is generally preferable to facing a criminal one, both can have severe consequences. Civil monetary penalties can easily climb into the hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars, and civil violations can result in federal program exclusion, federal contract ineligibility, professional licensing action, and other penalties.
5. There are Numerous Ways to Defend Against Federal Allegations.
There are numerous ways to defend against federal allegations at all stages of the federal law enforcement process. From the earliest stages of the government’s investigation through federal grand jury proceedings, and from the pre-trial phase through trial, sentencing, and appeal, our federal defense attorneys can use their vast experience to protect you at every opportunity by all means available.
Contact Us Now for a Free and Confidential Case Assessment
Once again, if you have been contacted by federal agents in any manner, it is extremely important that you seek legal representation immediately. Our federal defense attorneys are available 24/7, and we can provide representation in Nashville on an emergency basis if necessary. To discuss the current status of your case in confidence, call (214) 692-2171 or request a free case assessment online now.