Foreign Policy Counseling Services
- Foreign policy issues are intricately connected in every business’ operations. It is easier now in today’s globalized world for a business to engage in cross-border transactions and maintain global business operations.
- Critical issues in foreign policy such as national security, foreign investment, and cross border transactions are at the core of every business.
- It is therefore important for clients to understand foreign policy and to receive legal advice and counseling services from a law firm that specializes in a broad range of foreign policy issues.
- There are many foreign policy counseling services that law firms offer their clients when clients make business decisions such as defense and national security; cybersecurity; diplomacy; economics and international trade; corruption and bribing; and political and governmental relations.
- Consider hiring an experienced law firm that is experienced in offering foreign policy counseling services.
Experienced Foreign Policy Defense Team
In the 21st century, government and foreign policy are deeply intertwined in your business operations. It is critical that you understand the regulatory and legal landscape that define your business environment, how to handle it, and how to adjust to changes to it.
Further, it is easier now more than ever for a business to engage in cross-border transactions, construct a global entity, and maintain global operations. This mandates a working knowledge of the political, legal, regulatory, and compliance environments of foreign nations, which can be a complicated endeavor.
Having the right team of attorneys on your side is crucial to adapting to evolving laws and regulations both pertaining to domestic and foreign policy.
At Oberheiden, P.C., our attorneys are skilled at collaborating with federal and foreign authorities and advising our clients on foreign policies and offering various counseling services.
Do not wait to get in touch with a qualified foreign policy attorney today to receive the counseling services you demand.
Put Oberheiden, P.C. on your side to advise you on the evolving global landscape and protect your business.
The Importance of Offering Foreign Policy Services
Foreign policy issues such as national security, foreign investment, and cross border transactions are at the core of every business.
Business owners and operators must consider foreign policy issues when making critical decisions on international investment and trading as well as other issues that hinge upon cross-border relations.
Understanding foreign policy is even more important as the world becomes more globalized in business operations. This is why it is crucial to receive legal advice and counseling services from a law firm specializing in a broad range of foreign policy issues.
Foreign Policy Counseling Services We Offer
Below is a list and brief description of the foreign policy counseling services the attorneys at Oberheiden, P.C. are competent to handle and advise our clients upon:
Defense and National Security
- Foreign policy regularly deals with national security and defense-related matters. Our team has an excellent track record and success in providing our clients with counseling services in this area.
- We have significant experience advising our clients on national security matters including homeland security, critical infrastructure, and defense contracts with the U.S. government.
- Our national security team is prepared to provide advice regarding the Foreign Investment Risk Review Modernization Act (“FIRRMA”), which was signed into law in 2018 as well as how FIRRMA broadens the jurisdiction and enhances the authority of the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (“CFIUS”). On this point, our firm regularly deals with issues on foreign direct investment in U.S. businesses and the process of filing and responding to CFIUS reviews regarding investments that have possible national security risks.
- The strength of the nation’s cybersecurity forms a vital component of the proper functioning and maintenance of the United States’ infrastructure and sensitive data.
- Our cybersecurity defense team is poised to provide counsel to businesses with respect to analyzing (1) potential cybersecurity threats, (2) upcoming cybersecurity threats and trends, (3) privacy and risk management, (4) compliance, (5) protecting sensitive government information, and (5) the intersection of national security and cybersecurity.
- We regularly work with federal agencies such as the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security as well as enforcement agencies such as the SEC, CFTC, DOJ, and FBI to investigate charges made against your company and receive the most advantageous result for you.
- Our foreign policy consulting services on cybersecurity are critical in today’s modernized and globalized business world.
- The proper maintenance of diplomacy is essential to foreign policy. Our diplomacy attorneys work to prioritize open dialogue between other foreign governments and to promote international trade, transparency, and relations. We have successfully dealt with matters of sovereignty, government funding, and military aid.
- Securing a law firm that is experienced and competent to deal in diplomacy matters is important due to the increase in international legal matters and local nature of some areas of law in foreign countries.
- Our attorneys are competent to provide counseling to our clients on foreign policy issues in other countries.
Economics and International Trade
- Foreign policy is implicated every time a business makes a decision regarding international trade policies, international investment, or other related international economic-impacting decision. It is therefore critical to be represented and receive foreign policy counseling services on proposed transactions or general advice from an experienced law firm.
- At Oberheiden, P.C., our attorneys are experienced in providing counseling services on asset controls, requirements for export control, foreign investment compliance under FIRRMA and CFIUS reviews, drafting international agreements as well as providing counseling services on the more peripheral topics in this area, including logistics, manufacturing, technology, broadcasting, and telecommunications.
Corruption and Bribing
- Providing satisfactory foreign policy services demands an introduction and explanation to our clients of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”).
- The FCPA prohibits, broadly, the bribing of foreign officials to obtain or retain business and requires that companies maintain adequate books, records, and internal controls as a part of their accounting practices.
- Our FCPA team of defense attorneys routinely advises our clients on anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws, whether the FCPA applies to foreign nationals and foreign companies and under what circumstances, what it means to “bribe” a foreign official or “facilitate” payments, and the potential penalties for FCPA violations.
Foreign Policies on Health and Human Rights
- Our attorneys are eager to counsel our clients on human rights issues, trafficking charges, narcotics control, travel bans, immigration, healthcare-related frauds and other crimes.
- We are able to collaborate and explain the process of dealing with foreign parties, international organizations, and NGOs in order to enable our clients to make the most informed decisions.
Political and Governmental Relations
- Healthy political and governmental relations are at the core of foreign policy decision-making within businesses. It is therefore important to hire a law firm that is experienced in advising clients on the interaction between the two and how they impact foreign policy and the client’s business.
- At Oberheiden, P.C., our attorneys offer unique strategies and approaches to identify emerging issues in political and governmental relations that have an impact on foreign policy and business operations.
- We offer counseling services on considering the consequences of policy developments, promoting certain policies on Capitol Hill, shaping and adapting to emerging legislation, responding to new regulations, and evaluating legal options and solutions to various business opportunities involving political and governmental relations that affect foreign policy.
Need Advice Regarding Our Foreign Policy Counseling Services?
Foreign policy is a critical part of every major business decision within a company—especially those that regularly deal with foreign direct investment, cross-border transactions, and issues relating to national security.
At Oberheiden, P.C., our attorneys have an intricate network of connections in international law-related matters, foreign policy, diplomacy, international business and trade, and cybersecurity and national security.
We are proud to offer our foreign policy counseling services to our clients through our dedicated strategies and mission. Do not wait to contact an attorney who is qualified to provide counsel on a broad range of foreign policy issues.
Call us today at 888-680-1745 or contact our office for a free consultation to receive our foreign policy counseling services.