Regan O. Fong
Former Special Agent in Charge (DHS)
Regan O. Fong is the former Special Agent in Charge of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the former Resident Agent in Charge at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, Explosives (ATF). Mr. Fong held Top Secret Clearance for 30 years and served the country on the frontline of national security and critical infrastructure protection.
Client Services. With more than 2,000 federal criminal and administrative investigations conducted, Mr. Fong offers clients tactical and strategical experience and reliable advice in the areas of national security, transportation security, complex investigations, executive protection, corporate crisis management, corporate audits, import and export of weapons and explosives, and International Traffic of Arms Regulations (ITAR) audits and investigations.
ATF/ITAR. First as a Special Agent, then as Senior and Division Operations Officer, as Resident Agent in Charge, and lastly as the ATF Washington D.C. Program Manager (Acting Chief Field Management), Mr. Fong spent more than 15 years in various ATF leadership positions and offices across the United States.
- Supervised criminal and administrative ITAR investigations in various ATF offices including Arizona, Nevada, and California
- Supervised 360 Special Agents as the Program Manager for the Federal Air Marshal Program to protect airlines and airports after 9/11.
- Assigned to Secret Service for dignitary protection to four U.S. Presidents and numerous presidential candidates.
- Taught, trained, and utilized the Critical Incident Management Response Team (CIMRT).
- Instructed key federal law enforcement agencies, civic groups, major computer companies, and local government on bomb threats and physical security.
- Led investigations that utilized undercover agents, undercover funds, electronic surveillance equipment, interviews of witnesses and suspects, use of polygraphs, Title III wiretaps, and court proceedings.
- Certified Explosive Specialist trained to destroy improvised explosive devices.
Dpt. Of Homeland Security. Mr. Fong is the former Special Agent in Charge at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, in Menlo Park, California. In that capacity, SAC Fong ensured oversight of the security of 92 national airports and the corresponding Federal Air Marshal Service Program in eight U.S. states.
- Coordinated and trained in Critical Incident Response Team, crisis management, emergency preparedness, active shooter, and fire and explosive evacuation procedures.
- Supervise and lead all internal affairs and complex criminal investigations conducted by Special Agents, including homicide, suicide, workplace violence, fraudulent claims for workers’ compensation, theft cases, abuse of authority, loss of firearms, and insider threat.
Mr. Fong resides in North California and serves clients of Oberheiden P.C. on a number of selective matters in his area of expertise.