San Diego Federal Criminal Defense (FBI, OIG, IRS, DEA)
Trusted San Diego Federal Defense Attorneys defending against FBI, OIG, IRS, and DEA charges, arrests and investigations.
We offer strategic defense representation for individuals and organizations in San Diego facing FBI, OIG, IRS, and DEA investigations. We also represent clients in criminal cases in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California. Call our proven San Diego federal criminal defense law team at 888-680-1745 for a free and confidential case assessment.
If you are under investigation or awaiting trial in San Diego for alleged criminal conduct, you need to take strategic action to protect yourself. You need to be proactive in your defense, but you also need to avoid giving away too much or engendering unnecessary hostility. You need to show the U.S. Attorney’s Office that it doesn’t have a case to pursue, but you also need to avoid misrepresentations or other mistakes that could virtually guarantee your prosecution.
At Oberheiden, P.C., our San Diego federal criminal defense attorneys help licensed professionals, business executives, and other individuals make smart decisions during federal criminal investigations and prosecutions. With an office location in San Diego, we represent physicians, pharmacists, CEOs, CFOs, board members, politicians, and other clients in federal matters throughout Southern California. If you are under investigation, we can work diligently to make sure the investigation does not lead to federal charges. If you have already been indicted, we can fight aggressively to make sure you do not face unwarranted consequences at trial.
Oberheiden, P.C. – Your San Diego Federal Criminal Defense
Our federal criminal defense team is comprised entirely of senior attorneys, many of whom are former prosecutors with the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ). We have vast experience on both sides of Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Office of Inspector General (OIG), Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) investigations, and we have successfully represented clients in federal district courts across the country. If you are being targeted for federal prosecution, your future is on the line. You need to take your situation very seriously. Our defense lawyers can help, and we can act immediately, if necessary, in order to protect you.
Clients in San Diego and nationwide trust the federal defense lawyers at Oberheiden, P.C., for our:
- Focus on Federal Criminal Litigation – Our San Diego, California federal criminal defense attorneys focus our practice on representing healthcare providers, business executives, and other clients in high-stakes federal matters. Unlike other firms that shy away from this type of practice, we have devoted ourselves to protecting clients whose futures are on the line.
- Past Experience as Federal Criminal Prosecutors – As former federal prosecutors with the DOJ, our attorneys helped shape many of the prosecution tactics that are still in use today. We use this experience to our clients’ advantage, and we offer insights that only come from having spent decades working inside the federal government.
- Long History of Successful Results – No charges. Acquittal. These are the types of results we expect to achieve for our clients. Our proven San Diego federal criminal defense attorneys have a long record of success in federal litigation. And while results are never guaranteed, we don’t plan on stopping any time soon.
- Personalized and Strategic Defense Representation – As our client, we work with you, one-on-one. We get to know you so that we can tell your story from your point of view, and we help you make smart decisions and avoid mistakes that could jeopardize the outcome of your case.
- Unrelenting Commitment to Client Satisfaction – Above all else, we are committed to client satisfaction. You have high expectations – you deserve to – and our dedicated San Diego federal criminal defense attorneys want to make sure that we meet or exceed these expectations every step of the way.
Federal Defense Attorneys for FBI, OIG, IRS, and DEA Matters in San Diego
Federal criminal cases are very different from state-level criminal prosecutions, and there are significant differences between civil and criminal federal matters. With extensive experience in high-stakes federal criminal investigations, our defense team is able to skillfully and strategically represent individual and corporate clients in a broad range of federal criminal matters. Our experience includes helping clients avoid charges, obtaining acquittals, and negotiating favorable resolutions in cases involving allegations of:
- Bank Fraud, Insurance Fraud, and Securities Fraud
- Conspiracy and Attempt
- Federal Drug Charges (including Prescription Drug Charges)
- Healthcare Fraud (including Medicare, Medicaid, and Tricare fraud)
- Internet and Computer Crimes
- Mail Fraud and Wire Fraud
- Money Laundering
- Public Corruption and Bribery
- Tax Evasion and Other Tax Violations
- Theft, Counterfeiting, and Embezzlement
- Other White-Collar Crimes
Our San Diego Federal Criminal Defense Attorneys Protect Our Clients –
No Matter What
Strategic Defense for FBI Investigations
We represent clients in Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) investigations involving allegations of cybercrimes, organized crime, public corruption, and other white-collar offenses.
Insightful Legal Counsel for OIG Prosecutions
With a significant portion of our practice devoted to representing healthcare providers, we routinely defend clients in Medicare and Medicaid fraud investigations conducted by the Office of Inspector General (OIG).
Unwavering Advocates for IRS Criminal Enforcement Cases
The Internal Revenue Service’s (IRS) criminal enforcement division aggressively pursues individuals and organizations suspected of tax evasion and other forms of tax fraud. We handle stand-alone IRS investigations as well as investigations involving the IRS and other agencies.
Proven Defense Lawyers for DEA Matters
The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) is currently focusing much of its effort on targeting healthcare providers suspected of engaging in prescription drug diversion. We handle these and all other DEA matters.
Q: What do I need to know if I am being targeted in a federal investigation?
If you are being targeted in an FBI, OIG, IRS, or DEA investigation, there are several things you need to know. From confirming whether the government’s investigation is criminal in nature to identifying the specific defense(s) you have available, there are several pieces of information it will be important for you to ascertain as soon as possible. It will also be important for you to:
- Determine the scope of your obligation to respond to any formal or informal requests for information;
- Advise your employees on how to interact (or, more specifically, how not to interact) with federal agents during the investigation;
- Identify any prior or ongoing issues that may support civil or criminal federal charges; and
- Engage experienced defense counsel immediately to intervene in the government’s investigation and begin working toward a favorable resolution.
Q: How do I know if the allegations against me are true?
In order to determine whether the allegations against you are true, you first need to ascertain exactly what those allegations are. Surprisingly, this is not as easy as it sounds. While you might expect to be provided with a clear explanation of why federal authorities are looking into your business or practice, the reality is that it often takes aggressive intervention and extrapolation from factors such as the type(s) of questions you are asked and the agency(ies) involved in order to determine why you are at risk for federal criminal prosecution.
Once you identify why you are under investigation, then you can begin to conduct an internal assessment to determine if, and to what extent, any of the allegations may be true. However, you should never assume that allegations are true simply because the federal government has launched an investigation. Our San Diego federal criminal defense lawyers routinely resolve our clients’ cases without charges being filed. In many cases, investigations are triggered by false allegations from disgruntled former employees and competitors seeking to take advantage of the qui tam (or “whistleblower”) provisions of the False Claims Act.
Q: What result can I hope to achieve in my federal criminal case?
We approach every case with the goal of protecting our client against penalties entirely. This is true whether we get involved during the government’s investigation (which is typically the case), or if we are asked to step in and defend a client at trial. However, the result of every case depends upon numerous different factors. To provide you with a personalized case assessment, we will need to learn about your individual set of circumstances.
Q: How can I defend myself against the federal government?
In order to defend yourself against the federal government effectively, you will need experienced legal representation. When you are facing off against highly experienced federal agents and prosecutors, there is simply no substitute for having an experienced defense team on your side.
Q: How soon can Oberheiden, P.C.’s defense team start handling my case?
When you contact us, we will schedule your initial case assessment as soon as possible; if necessary, we can begin working on your case immediately. Once our skilled San Diego federal criminal defense attorneys know the current status of your case, we can provide you with a timetable for moving forward.
Schedule a Confidential Initial Case Assessment in San Diego, CA
If you need experienced San Diego federal criminal defense attorneys, we urge you to contact us immediately for an initial case assessment. This assessment is completely free and confidential, and it will provide you with the information you need to start making informed decisions about your defense. We are available 24/7, so call 888-680-1745 or tell us how to reach you online now.