Beaumont, TX Federal Criminal Defense Attorneys
Trusted and Driven Texas-Based Federal Trial Lawyers Serving Beaumont
At Oberheiden, P.C., we are Texas-based trial lawyers with significant experience in representing federal matters. With a team that includes experienced defense attorneys and seasoned former U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) prosecutors, we handle cases from investigation through all levels of federal appeals.
If you are facing a federal investigation, what do you need to know? First and foremost, you are entitled to legal representation, and it is critical that you put an experienced legal team on your side. You could be very well facing off against a team of experienced agents and attorneys from multiple law enforcement agencies. If you do not take adequate measures to protect yourself, they will do what it takes to convict you.
Second, the fact that you are under investigation does not necessarily mean that you will be charged. The fact that you have not yet been charged may be that prosecutors don’t believe they have enough evidence to convict you – yet. By intervening in the investigative process, our attorneys can seek to persuade the prosecutors that they will not be able to build a case, and that further pursuit of the investigation would amount to a waste of everyone’s time and resources.
Meet Our Federal Criminal Defense Team
Our federal criminal defense team brings notable experience to representing clients in federal cases in Beaumont, including 70 collective years of experience within the U.S. Department of Justice. Our team approach means that you will benefit from all of this experience during your federal case. Unlike other firms, we do not ask you to put your trust in a single attorney or a legion of inexperienced junior associates.
How We Defend Clients in Federal Matters
1. Aggressive Intervention in Federal Investigations
We have successfully helped our clients close their investigations without facing criminal charges. By intervening in the government’s investigation as early as possible, we have the greatest chance to challenge their allegations and assumptions. We can also present convincing arguments that lead to non-prosecution.
2. Comprehensive Defense Strategies
From constitutional protections to challenging the government’s evidence of intent, we take an exhaustive approach to defense. We focus on identifying all grounds to challenge the government’s case. The more issues we raise, the more likely prosecutors think that it’s not worth taking your case to trial.
3. Obtaining Bond
Obtaining bond in federal cases is a very different matter than bond in state cases. We have extensive experience in federal bond matters. In cases where we have sought to secure bond for our clients, we have maintained a success rate of close to 100%.
4. Seeking Dismissal Following Indictment
Many defense attorneys think an indictment reduces their ability to negotiate a plea deal. We know this isn’t the case. We have convinced federal prosecutors and judges to dismiss charges following indictment.
5. Fighting for Justice at Trial
Our team has the experience of hundreds of jury and bench trials. We are more than comfortable taking our clients’ cases to court. If your best option is a trial, we will work to convince the jurors or judge that guilt beyond a reasonable doubt cannot be proven.
Why Do Clients in Beaumont, TX Choose Oberheiden, P.C.?
When part of a federal investigation or facing federal charges, you can’t trust your case to just anyone. Here are five reasons why clients in Beaumont, throughout Texas, and nationwide choose the federal criminal defense team at Oberheiden, P.C.:
- We Have an Extensive Record. After thousands of federal cases, we have significant experience in investigations, pretrial proceedings, and federal criminal court.
- We Have experience with Government Strategies and Tendencies. As prosecutors with the DOJ and federal criminal defense attorneys, we can anticipate the government’s next move in your case.
- We Have Taken on All Major Federal Law Enforcement Agencies. Our experience includes successfully representing clients in cases involving:
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI),
- The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA),
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS),
- The Office of Inspector General (OIG),
- The Department of Homeland Security (DHS),
- The Department of Defense (DOD),
- The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), and other federal law enforcement agencies.
- We Don’t Recommend Bad Deals. Sadly, some attorneys lack legal knowledge or trial readiness. They may find it difficult to avoid recommending bad deals to their clients. At Oberheiden, P.C., we won’t recommend a deal unless we think it represents the best possible outcome in your case.
- We Put Notable Experience on Your Side. With our past work for the U.S. Department of Justice and our criminal defense practice, we are highly experienced in complex federal matters.
Q&A with the Federal Criminal Defense Team at Oberheiden, P.C.
Q: Should I talk with federal investigators?
This is one of the few questions in criminal law that has an absolute answer. That answer is a resounding no. You should never speak with any federal law enforcement officer, including those from the FBI, DEA, or OIG, without consulting a Beaumont, Texas federal criminal defense attorney. You have the right to have an attorney present when speaking with any law enforcement officer. Remember, speaking without your lawyer present only increases the chances of you saying something that can be later used against you. Even if you are involved in no wrongdoing, you wouldn’t be the first person accused of a crime based on statements taken out of context.
Q: How important is prosecutorial experience when defending against federal charges?
We believe that prosecutorial experience is critical. Especially so when fighting to avoid unjust fallout resulting from federal investigations and charges. The more you know about the government’s approach, the better off you will be.
Q: How early in my investigation should I seek legal representation?
If you are under investigation, it’s time to hire legal representation. You need a team that can intervene right away and collect critical information about the government’s case. Then, you must begin to mount an effective defense.
Q: What types of federal cases do you handle?
We handle federal criminal cases involving serious offenses. Oberheiden, P.C. has particular experience in cases involving allegations of:
- Healthcare fraud,
- Public corruption,
- Wire and mail fraud,
- Tax fraud,
- Money laundering,
- Federal drug charges, and
- Computer-related offenses.
Contact Us Now if You Need a Qualified Federal Criminal Defense Attorney in Beaumont, TX
To get started building your defense, please call 888-680-1745 or contact us online. We provide free and confidential case assessments, and if necessary, our defense team can take action immediately to protect you or your company.