Midland/Odessa Federal Criminal Defense
Former Prosecutors Offer Proven Defense Strategies Against FBI Investigations in Midland and Odessa, West Texas
When FBI agents show up with a warrant or you are served with a target letter or grand jury request, fear about your livelihood and future must be responded with an effective and proven defense approach. Every person under investigation must understand that the choice of counsel sometimes is also a choice between experiment and reliable quality advice.
Texas-based federal criminal defense firm Oberheiden, P.C. dedicates its practice to defending the good people of Texas against criminal accusations. It is our job to take over your concerns and to protect your freedom, your license, and your financial security. When the United States government is after you, you simply can’t afford to just take the next best lawyer. You won’t get a second try.
Prominent Federal Criminal Defense Lawyers Serving Midland & Odessa in West Texas
For many years, the attorneys of Oberheiden, P.C. have helped the citizens of Midland, Odessa, and West Texas avoid criminal charges and to ease through criminal investigations. Featured by media stations throughout West Texas, federal lawyer Dr. Nick Oberheiden and his team have the experience and resources needed to stand firm on our clients’ innocence. We are a federal criminal litigation and trial law firm and employ:
- Former Trial Lawyers from the Department of Justice
- Former State & Federal Prosecutors
- Experienced Federal Criminal Defense Lawyers
Clients benefit from the forcefulness of our representation, our reputation, and our team’s experience exceeding:
- 1000 Federal Cases Handled
- 1000 Grand Jury Investigations
From the moment you call us, you will instantly speak to a senior lawyer.
- No Secretaries, No Paralegals
- Senior Attorneys, Former Justice Department
- Instant Access to Real Lawyers
Experience is the key feature you must expect in your Midland/Odessa federal criminal defense attorney. The federal law backgrounds of our lawyers, our appraised and frequently featured federal litigation skills, and our understanding of the prosecutorial tactics make the Texas federal lawyers of Oberheiden, P.C. strong advocates for individual and business clients in Midland and nearby cities in West Texas.
- We Avoided Criminal Charges in Many FBI, IRS, DEA, OIG Cases
- We Secured Federal Bond in Drug Cases, Fraud Matters
- We Obtained Probation, Dismissals, and Acquittals in Federal Cases
We are federal trial lawyers. Prosecutors know that when we show up to represent you that we are always ready to go to trial to tell judge and jury about the case.
These Are the Types of Cases We Handle in West Texas
- Conspiracy Charges: A great number of federal indictments name several defendants and connect them by way of charging a federal conspiracy. What that really means is that two or more people agreed to commit something unlawful, even though it is not necessary that all of the co-conspirators know each other, benefited to the same or similar degree from the crime, or even knowingly participated in events that occurred during the existence of the conspiracy. Our team of federal defense lawyers has defended federal drug conspiracy cases, federal healthcare fraud conspiracies, and a variety of other offenses like mail fraud, wire fraud, money laundering, or sex trafficking that were charged as a conspiracy. The key in conspiracy cases is to quickly understand the charge, your alleged role (ringleader v. mere participant), and the available evidence that led to the charge.
- Medicare Fraud: Midland and Odessa are home to many physicians and a large patient population, in particular Medicaid and Medicare. Agents from the FBI, DEA, the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit, the Department of Health and Human Services, and the Office of Inspector General are currently interviewing potential witnesses and targets of federal healthcare fraud investigations. If you or your practice, your home health agency, your hospice agency, or your healthcare business are approached by government agents (or if you receive a subpoena to produce records), you need to make sure your interests are protected by lawyers that can tell you: “I have handled hundreds of these. Let me tell you what we need to do ASAP.” Oberheiden, P.C. is team of former Medicare prosecutors that previously supervised healthcare fraud cases at the Department of Justice in Texas. Please call us and schedule a meeting or speak to one of our experienced fraud defense lawyers to find the best way out of your current situation. No case is hopeless and we have saved many good Texans hundreds of years in jail.
- “Pill Mill” Operation: The hottest topic at the Justice Department remains the government’s fight against pill mills, high volume of pain medications prescribing doctors, and opioid filling pharmacies. Anyone in West Texas issuing, prescribing, filling, distributing Schedule II or Schedule III prescriptions, should contact our healthcare defense attorneys to make sure your practice is safe or, if you are being accused of a wrongful distribution under 21 U.S.C. 841, to immediately bring in our expert consultants and expertise to demonstrate that you follow accepted standards of care.
- Bribery & Corruption: Featured by the media for covering arguably the biggest corruption case in Texas history, defense lawyer Nick Oberheiden understands too well from the John Wiley Price case that exchanging money with a public official can quickly be misunderstood as bribery. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can bring in our weight and resources to provide clarifications needed to put the case to rest. We know you did not intend to improperly influence someone or be influenced because of the office you are holding. Let’s form an alliance and let’s, again, show that you were not involved in corruption.
- Tax Fraud: The IRS- Criminal Enforcement Unit is one of the best staffed and most aggressive law enforcement agencies in the U.S. Whether agents contact you for money laundering or whether you are accused of not filing and paying your taxes, you need a lawyer. In fact, you need a lawyer that has dealt with the IRS and understands tax laws. We have resolved a great number of federal fraud cases by compelling showing to the government that our client did not have the intent required to have committed an offense. Please contact us timely. The more time you give the IRS, the more challenging it is to put the case back on the right defense track.
Some of the other offenses that Oberheiden, P.C. handles in federal courts in Midland, include the following:
- Conspiracy Cases
- Money Laundering
- Bank Fraud
- Mail & Wire Fraud
- Mortgage Fraud
- Obstruction of Justice
- Sex Trafficking
- Hate Crimes
- Real Estate Fraud
- Healthcare Fraud
- Computer & Internet Crimes
- SEC Fraud & Offenses
- Identity Theft
- Bank Fraud
- White Collar/Financial Crimes
Our Recent Results in Federal Investigations
- Computer Crime: Probation.
- Sex Trafficking: 16 months.
- Healthcare Fraud: Probation.
- Healthcare Fraud: Probation.
- Medicare Fraud Allegations: No Charges.
- FBI Fraud Investigation: No Charges.
- Illegal Kickback Case: No Charges.
- Dental Fraud Case: No Charges.
- DEA Investigation: No Charges.
- OIG/HHS Investigation: No Charges.
- Mail Fraud Investigation: No Charges.
Important FAQ Regarding Federal Cases in West Texas
What is the Western District of Texas?
The United States is divided into 95 federal districts. Large states like Texas typically count 4 federal districts within the state. The Northern District of Texas summarizes the area of Dallas, Fort Worth and other areas north. The Eastern District of Texas covers Tyler, Beaumont, Sherman, Marshall, and other cities. The Southern District of Texas is home to Houston, Galveston, and nearby cities. The Western District of Texas covers a very large geographical area with separate federal courthouse divisions in Midland, Alpine, Fort Hood, Austin, Waco, El Paso, San Antonio, Del Rio, and Pecos.
What is the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Midland, Texas?
Each federal district hosts branches of the Department of Justice, which has its headquarters in the District of Columbia, Washington D.C. In Midland/Odessa, the U.S. Attorney’s Office is located at 400 West Illinois Street, Suite 1200, Midland, Texas 79701. The U.S. Attorney’s Office is in charge of federal civil and criminal prosecutions in the counties of Andrews, Martin, Ector, Midland, Crane, and Upton. Federal prosecutors, often referred to Assistant United States Attorneys, direct FBI, DEA, ATF, IRS, and other agencies to investigate violations of federal law.
What should I do if the FBI shows up at my house?
There’s little to no benefit from speaking with federal agents without having an attorney present. While it may seem unethical, law enforcement agents are not obligated to be truthful when discussing an open investigation with someone they suspect of a crime. Therefore, it is not uncommon for FBI agents to try to put you at ease in hopes of getting you to speak candidly about the case. However, words that are spoken cannot be retracted, and you may create criminal liability where there was none to begin with. Thus, if FBI agents, or other federal law enforcement agents come to your home or business asking questions, you should politely ask them to leave and get in touch with a Texas federal criminal defense attorney immediately.
How should I do if the federal government contacts me?
To make it simple, if the federal government contacts you, you should be on alert. Regardless if you have done something wrong or not, in order not to get entangled into dealings with law enforcement authorities, you should always consult with an experienced federal lawyer first before you make any substantive statements.
Relentless Defense Against Federal Charges in West Texas Federal Courts; Contact Us Today!
- Nick Oberheiden is a federal attorney, who is licensed to practice in all federal courts in Texas, the U.S. Supreme Court, and several United States Courts of Appeals. Nick has represented many Texas clients in complex civil and criminal healthcare fraud investigations covering commercial insurance fraud, Medicaid fraud, Medicare fraud, money laundering, drug offenses, Controlled Substances Act cases, computer crimes, and other serious allegations.
The Midland/Odessa federal criminal defense lawyers of Oberheiden, P.C. have litigated many criminal trials. Call us at 888-680-1745 or request a free case evaluation online. Let’s get together and discuss your best options.