Salt Lake City Federal Criminal Lawyer
Former Justice Department Prosecutors and Federal Criminal Defense Attorneys Defending Clients in Salt Lake City, Utah and Throughout the Wasatch FrontOberheiden, P.C. is a federal criminal law defense practice that provides aggressive representation to clients accused of federal crimes in Salt Lake City, Utah. The Firm’s seasoned federal criminal defense lawyers and former Department of Justice Trial Attorneys are available to offer established defense strategies to its clients in Salt Lake City and throughout the Wasatch Front. Call us today for a case assessment by one of our former federal prosecutors.
Is the Federal Government Investigating You?Do you believe that you are currently under investigation by the Federal Government? Did you receive a grand jury subpoena? Have you been recently arrested? Were you served with a target letter? Has the government accused you of a crime? Are you concerned that your reputation is being destroyed, or worse, that you will be imprisoned? Do you conclude that it is time to get a lawyer with the experience to provide you with aggressive representation? If any of the preceding is true, then you need to know the following; the Justice Department instructed prosecutors in Salt Lake City and surrounding communities to aggressively investigate and prosecute federal offenses. Reports of new investigations, indictment, and raids happen almost daily.Because federal offense penalties may range from years to life in prison, you should carefully choose the lawyer to represent you against the federal government.
About Oberheiden, P.C.Oberheiden, P.C. represents individuals and businesses in Salt Lake City and throughout the Wasatch Front against federal investigations, grand jury subpoenas and federal healthcare fraud charges. Our Firm offers its clients a wealth of prosecutorial experience as former federal prosecutors. Indeed, many of our attorneys entered private practice after holding leading positions within the Department of Justice. As such, our former federal prosecutors are ready to dedicate their combined decades of government experience on your behalf. Our former Assistant United States Attorneys, former Department of Justice Trial Attorneys, former federal prosecutors and skilled litigators will only have one goal: to protect your rights. Our collective experience includes:
- Over 1,000 Federal Law Cases handled
- Over 1,000 Grand Jury Subpoenas handled
- Dismissed Federal Indictments
- Representations resulting in no criminal charges
- Trial Record Exceeding 500 Criminal Trials
- A combined 70 Years of Department of Justice Experience
Fighting or Avoiding Federal Charges in Salt Lake City and the Wasatch FrontWhile each case is unique (and you must understand that the specifics of your case will depend on the facts and laws involved) we approach every case with the same goal. To intervene in the government’s investigation or trial preparations as early as possible exploring all possible grounds for dismissal prior to trial. If you have received a federal grand jury subpoena, this does not necessarily mean that you will be indicted. Indeed, a sophisticated and targeted response can forestall criminal charges. Not providing an adequate response to a grand jury subpoena, or worse ignoring it, will almost certainly lead to criminal charges.
- Avoid Charges. By implementing a sophisticated response, our Firm’s primary goal is to avoid criminal charges. For some clients, we have successfully lessened their sentence, we have turned criminal cases into civil ones, and we have forestalled criminal charges in federal investigations.
- Prevailed in Court. Our attorneys often prevail in proceedings against government lawyers. Because of our trial experience, we have appeared in courts across the nation and have zealously represented our clients from undue prosecution.
- Obtained Bond. Bond issues in federal cases are very different from bonds in state law matters. We routinely obtain bond for our clients in federal criminal cases.
- Defenses. Most criminal offenses require proof of intent. The consequences of attendant criminal offenses may be ameliorated by a number of accepted defenses. Our attorneys have defended clients in federal investigations by establishing that alleged misconduct did not occur intentionally, did not occur, or did occur but was justified by a recognized defense. Some defenses may result in rendering certain conduct entirely lawful.
- Federal Offenses Handled. Our attorneys have defended clients against almost every federal offense and criminal conspiracy including but not limited to 18 U.S.C. 1341 mail, and 18 U.S.C. 1343 wire fraud, public corruption, bribery, tax fraud, tax evasion, securities fraud, insider trading, Ponzi scheme fraud, mortgage fraud, 18 U.S.C. 1347 healthcare fraud (Medicare fraud, Medicaid fraud, violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute or the Controlled Substances Act, False Claims Act), 18 U.S.C. 924 possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking offense, marijuana, Hobbs Act, RICO, bank robbery, kidnapping, and crimes involving computers, and 21 U.S.C. 841 distribution and possession with intent to distribute.
A Secret to Our Success: We Are Trial LawyersOberheiden, P.C. embraces an energetic trial practice. We don’t recommend bad plea deals. With this vision in mind, we diligently analyze all elements of the case while aggressively negotiating with the government. Simply stated, we do not allow our clients’ cases to turn into low lying fruit for the government. Our goal is that you benefit from our attorneys’ government experience.
Why Should Clients Choose Oberheiden, P.C.?
1. Federal v. State CasesRoutinely, lawyers take on most types of cases (as long as the lawyer feels competent) that come in the door. For our part, we limit ourselves to federal law cases. Our attorneys do not handle, for example, DUI or domestic assault cases. The reason we focus on federal cases is simple. The state and the federal justice systems are significantly different and we conclude that to be excellent in one system requires an exclusive focus. As a consequence, we regularly negotiate with agents and attorneys from the Office of Inspector General (OIG), the Department of Justice (DOJ), the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the Department of Defense (DOD), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and the U.S. Attorney’s Office (USAO) among other federal agencies. We conclude that our clients benefit from our focus because we utilize our decades of experience and through the thousands of federal matters that we have handled.
2. Proven Track RecordWhile every case is different (and prior results cannot guarantee a similar outcome in your case), we have forestalled criminal charges in federal cases for a significant number of cases for clients across the United States. Indeed, our goal is to turn targets of federal investigations into witnesses, turn criminal cases into civil fines. We have the experience to negotiate on your behalf and to argue your case federal courtrooms.
3. Our TeamOberheiden, P.C. does not use junior lawyers. We do not employ associates. Our attorneys are experienced litigators with strong academics and government backgrounds in the federal justice system. We embrace a team approach to filter out the best and most compelling defense strategy. The former federal prosecutors and federal criminal law defense attorneys of Oberheiden, P.C. are available to discuss your case. Find out how experienced prosecutors and defense attorneys assess your case facts and what advice they can offer to protect your license or your freedom. Calls are free and confidential.
FAQs: Important Questions Regarding Federal Prosecutions in Utah, Salt Lake City and the Wasatch Front
When Should I Retain Legal Representation?
As soon as possible after you learn of any federal government action related to or against you. Nothing is more effective than an assertive legal defense strategy implemented as early as possible with the sole goal to address and stop a federal government investigation. Indeed, you should not give the federal government any advantage or the time to investigate your business or you individually as well as your affiliates and even in some cases your family. If you want to discuss your situation or case with us, please speak to one of our senior attorneys today. Your call and case assessment is free and absolutely confidential.
Who Will Handle My Case?
Each of our clients is represented by experienced defense attorneys and former federal prosecutors. At Oberheiden, P.C., we focus on your case and will not waste your time handing you off to junior lawyers or associates — our firm does not use them; from the moment you hire our Firm, you will work exclusively with senior attorneys.
What Is Your Track Record?
Our attorneys have successfully resolved government investigations and prosecutions involving, among many others, healthcare fraud, public corruption, mail fraud, wire fraud, money laundering, tax fraud, antitrust violations, securities fraud, and internet crimes. Please take note that every case is different and prior results achieved by our Firm cannot guarantee a similar outcome in your case.