White Collar Defense Attorney West Bloomfield, Oakland County, Michigan
Oberheiden P.C.: A Lawyer So Recognized Even Prosecutors Hire Dr. Nick
There is no shortage of excellent lawyers in Oakland County, Michigan. However, if you look closely, you will notice that few lawyers have a profound pedigree of hundreds of federal cases resulting in no criminal charges for their clients.
Meet Federal Criminal Defense Lawyer Dr. Nick Oberheiden. Nick practices exclusively in federal court, frequently in the Eastern District of Michigan. Unlike any West Bloomfield White Collar Federal Criminal Defense Attorney you will find, Nick has built a history of avoiding charges for his federal clients in over 90% of all cases and cemented a reputation in federal courts so strong that Nick is the go-to lawyer for prosecutors, lawyers, and FBI agents when they themselves are under internal or federal investigation.
Nick is particularly known for his healthcare fraud defense work. Physicians of all specialties, dentists, providers, business owners, and the good West Bloomfield folks trust Nick’s experience when they are under investigation by the Detroit U.S. Attorney’s Office, the Detroit Medicare Fraud Strike Force, the Michigan Medicaid Fraud Control Unit (MFCU), FBI, DEA, OIG, IRS, or other federal agencies. Featured for his federal litigation practice throughout Michigan, no matter what your federal case is, chances are Nick has argued it before. Here are some recent examples.
- United States v. Client: Dismissed.
- United States v. Client: Dismissed.
- DEA Search Warrant: No Charges.
- DEA Opioid Investigation (Physician): No Charges.
- DEA Overdose Investigation (Physician): No Charges.
- FBI & OIG Healthcare Fraud Case: No Charges.
- Grand Jury Subpoena: No Charges.
- Grand Jury Subpoena: No Charges.
You will quickly find out how different Nick really operates. When you call 888-680-1745 you not just get free and confidential advice, but you will also speak to Nick directly, including on weekends. Call any other law firm, and you will go through a scheduling process to speak to a lawyer. Nick understands that your questions are important and urgent and that’s how he will treat them.
Stay Away from 95% of the Legal Advice You Get
95% of all criminal defense lawyers do not regularly practice in federal court. In fact, 95% of all criminal cases are not federal but state cases and involve drunk driving, domestic violence, and other state offenses.
Nick’s philosophy is simple. Federal cases are just not like juvenile court or traffic court. If your teeth hurt, you go to a dentist. If you need a hip replacement, you see a specialized surgeon. Why would you gamble with the most important legal situation you will ever encounter and experiment with a lawyer that does not offer you a satisfactory history of federal cases handled? Let’s say you are under investigation for unlawfully prescribing controlled substances (or healthcare fraud, or money laundering, or federal bank fraud etc.). Simply ask:
- What Are Your Case Outcomes in DEA Opioid Cases?
- What Are Your Case Outcomes in the Last 100 Federal Criminal Cases that You Personally Handled?
- What Percentage of Your Practice is Dedicated to Federal Cases?
Insist on concrete answers. Even among surgeons, operating on the spine and the knee are two very different matters. The same applies between defense lawyers and federal defense lawyers. Don’t settle unless you are convinced that this is the lawyer to protect your interests, your family, your money, and your freedom. Call 888-680-1745 to compare answers.
What Kind of Federal Cases Are Prosecuted in West Bloomfield, Michigan?
West Bloomfield Township has experienced an unprecedented number of arrests and prosecutions lately. DEA agents and the FBI have accused numerous doctors of healthcare fraud and violations of the Controlled Substances Act. There is a reason to believe that these allegations will continue resulting in new search warrants and investigations.
When this happens, you want to be prepared. You want to have a legal team by your side that you can trust based on competence and experience. You will simply not be afforded the time for your lawyer to do research or to first learn how to effectively defend an opioid case. By the time that is done, you may be subject to prosecution because the prosecutor, who does this work for a living, realizes your lawyer lacks the experience and the firepower to stop the government.
Nick only defends federal cases. He has prevailed before all major federal agencies including the Department of Defense, the Department of Justice, the Department of Health and Human Services, the U.S. Secret Service, the FBI, the IRS, the DEA, the Office of Inspector General, and many more. The following are among the most common federal offense types Nick handles.
- Conspiracy to Distribute Controlled Substances (21 U.S.C. 841; 21 U.S.C. 846)
- Conspiracy to Commit Medicare Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1347; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Accept or Receive Illegal Kickbacks (42 U.S.C. 1320a-7(b)(b); 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Commit Obstruction of Justice (18 U.S.C. 1518, 1519; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Commit Aggravated Identity Theft (18 U.S.C. 1028A; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Make False Statements Relating to Healthcare Matters (18 U.S.C. 1035; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Commit Healthcare Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1347; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Commit Theft or Embezzlement in Connection with Healthcare (18 U.S.C. 669; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Attempt or Conspiracy to Commit Healthcare Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1349; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Commit Medicaid Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1347; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Commit Securities Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1348; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Unlawfully Use Health Information (42 U.S.C. 1320d-6; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Use Identification Information (18 U.S.C. 1028(a)(7); 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Commit Bribery (18 U.S.C. 201; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Commit Mail Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1341; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Commit Wire Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1343; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Commit Money Laundering (18 U.S.C. 1357; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Commit Bank Fraud (18 U.S.C. 1344; 18 U.S.C. 371)
- Conspiracy to Commit Tax Fraud (26 U.S.C. 7206; 18 U.S.C. 371)
Trained in negotiations at Harvard Law School, Ph.D. Federal Criminal Defense Attorney Nick Oberheiden is available to help you navigate through the federal justice system. Call 888-680-1745 to end the investigation and restore your reputation. For your convenience the Law Office of Oberheiden, P.C. also offers other kinds of Criminal Defense Representation.
Why Are Doctors and Pharmacies Under Attack in Oakland County, Michigan?
Physicians in West Bloomfield and Oakland County must understand that regular prescriptions of controlled substances to chronic pain patients, Medicaid patients, or cash paying patients are on the top of government enforcement. The DEA combats the opioid crisis in Michigan with rigor. Instead of fixing the symptoms, the government wants to eliminate the prescribers. Dozens of doctors in East Michigan have already lost their license, many are federally indicted. The core allegation the DEA makes is that physicians have prescribed outside the scope of their practice and thus distributed controlled substances in violation of 21 U.S.C. 841 and 21 U.S.C. 846. This is rarely true. Michigan DEA federal criminal defense lawyer Nick Oberheiden has the experience to say that doctors accused of drug overdoses, drug diversion, pain mill operations, and illegal drug distribution ended up without charges and in full status of their medical license. Call 888-680-1745 to find out why no intent is not the answer in opioid cases.
What Should I Do If I Am Charged With a Federal Crime?
Perhaps the most important thing to do is not to do anything without the blessing of an experienced federal criminal defense lawyer. Don’t move money around, don’t declare your innocence to the media, and don’t discuss your case with friends or neighbors. Seek advice. There will be a time to share your thoughts with the public and there will be a time to show the public that you did not commit the alleged offense. For now, gather your trusted defense team. Trust should not be based on friendship to a lawyer or blind lawyer recommendations. Trust should be based on trustworthy and competent federal experience. Hire an trusted and very experienced West Bloomfield White Collar Federal Criminal Defense Attorney today.