Founding Attorney Nick Oberheiden, PhD has Appeared on Media Outlets Including The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Fox News, and CNBC
Dr. Oberheiden is Available for Background and On-Air Interviews with Journalists and Media Personalities
Federal defense attorney Nick Oberheiden, PhD is available to serve as a legal commentator and media consultant for outlets in the United States and around the world. He has appeared on numerous nationally syndicated television and radio programs in the U.S., and he has been quoted in numerous major print and online publications.
Internationally, Dr. Oberheiden has appeared on media outlets such as Telemundo, and he has been interviewed by several international newspapers. He has also published books on legal topics in multiple languages and presented lectures on constitutional law, federal civil procedure, and other topics on four continents.
Representative Media Appearances
Dr. Oberheiden is a sought-after commentator for complex and high-profile federal legal matters. He has provided commentary on cases including the Michael Cohen case, several public corruption investigations, and cases involving the White House and other top federal government authorities. He has appeared on media outlets including:
- Daily Beast
- Fox News
- International Business Times
- Los Angeles Times
- Miami Herald
- NBC News
- New York Post
- The Dallas Morning News
- The Epoch Times
- The Wall Street Journal
- USA Today
Representative High-Profile Cases
Many journalists and media personalities seek out Dr. Oberheiden because of his experience in high-profile federal cases. Dr. Oberheiden has handled federal cases in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Boston, Detroit, Philadelphia, Dallas, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Miami, and numerous other cities across the country. Some representative examples of Dr. Oberheiden’s practice experience include:
- Business Partner of Michael Cohen – Representing a business partner of Michael Cohen, former attorney for President Donald J. Trump, in the government’s highly-publicized investigation in the Southern District of New York. Dr. Oberheiden successfully helped his client avoid facing a charge of conspiracy.
- U.S. Governor – Serving as lead counsel for a Governor in the United States facing investigation by multiple federal agencies.
- Diplomats and Government Officials – Representing diplomats, Presidentially appointed officials, U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) attorneys, and other high-level government officials and employees in federal civil and criminal investigations, all resulting in Dr. Oberheiden’s clients being cleared of any wrongdoing
- CEOs Accused of Fraud – Representing a CEO in a $1.2 billion fraud case and representing another company executive in an unrelated $500 million fraud case. Both clients were cleared of any wrongdoing.
- Business Executives Facing Federal Charges – Representing a business executive in the largest criminal investigation in the history of the federal district in which the investigation was conducted. Dr. Oberheiden’s client was not charged.
- Major Federal Fraud Investigations – Representing numerous clients accused of perpetrating one of the largest fraud schemes in U.S. history. None of Dr. Oberheiden’s clients were ultimately charged.
- Medicare and Medicaid Fraud Investigations – Representing physicians and health care companies in large-scale federal Medicare and Medicaid fraud investigations involving the DOJ, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Office of Inspector General (OIG), and other agencies. In all relevant cases, the federal government ultimately decided not to prosecute Dr. Oberheiden’s clients.
- Other Lawyers and Law Firms – Representing other lawyers and law firms in federal investigations involving the White House, DOJ, and other federal agencies. In all relevant cases, Dr. Oberheiden’s clients avoided charges and disciplinary action.
About Dr. Nick Oberheiden, Founding Attorney of Oberheiden P.C.
Dr. Nick Oberheiden is a well-known and highly-respected federal defense attorney who has represented prominent businesspeople, attorneys, and government officials. He is the founder of Oberheiden P.C., a federal defense law firm with a national network of lawyers, including former federal prosecutors, serving clients in all 50 states.
Practice Focus and Availability for Media Commentary
As a federal defense attorney, Dr. Oberheiden represents clients in both civil and criminal matters. He has helped the majority of his clients avoid prosecution, and he has successfully represented numerous high-profile clients in investigations conducted by:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG)
- U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) (including the DOJ Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR))
- U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- U.S. Federal Election Commission (FEC)
- U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Other federal and state agencies
Dr. Oberheiden is available for interviews and to provide media commentary on matters involving all of these agencies, as well as to provide insights within his areas of practice generally. This includes, but is not limited to, government investigations, federal civil and criminal defense, federal trial procedure, constitutional law, and ethics.
What Peers and Clients Say about Dr. Oberheiden
The fact that other lawyers (including current and former DOJ prosecutors) choose Dr. Oberheiden when they need defense counsel speaks to Dr. Oberheiden’s respect and recognition among his peers. Dr. Oberheiden has also been invited to speak to other lawyers on matters within his areas of practice on numerous occasions.
Dr. Oberheiden’s clients, both lawyers and non-lawyers, speak highly of him as well. For example, clients have described Dr. Oberheiden as:
- “Simply the best.”
- “A true life saver.”
- “Top notch.”
- “[A] superb lawyer with exceptional skills and a formidable personality.”
Media Commentary for Cases Handled By Oberheiden P.C. and Other Law Firms
Dr. Oberheiden is available to provide media commentary for cases handled by Oberheiden P.C. and other law firms. From insider trading to public corruption, and from cryptocurrency to fraud, Dr. Oberheiden’s experience spans an extremely broad array of complex and high-stakes federal matters.
Cases Handled By Oberheiden P.C.
For cases handled by Oberheiden P.C., Dr. Oberheiden can provide commentary at appropriate times as permitted by the Rules of Professional Responsibility. He can also provide information about the scheduling of upcoming trials and other milestone events in the firm’s cases when permitted.
Cases Handled By Other Law Firms
For cases handled by other law firms, Dr. Oberheiden can provide commentary based on his personal experience representing clients in similar types of matters. This includes federal investigations and trials involving the prosecution of government officials, business executives, physicians, lawyers, and other high-profile individuals.
For Media Inquiries
For media inquiries, please call 888-680-1745 or email Dr. Oberheiden directly at [email protected].
Photos and Publications
For images and information, please visit our Photos and Publications page.