Dade County Criminal Defense Lawyers
Dade County Criminal Defense Team Lead
Former Deputy Chief, Appellate Division
2980 NE 207 Street, 3rd floor
Aventura, FL 33180
Dade County, also known as Miami-Dade County or simply “Greater Miami,” is the most populous county in the state of Florida and one of the biggest metros in the country. It is also the site of ongoing federal audits, investigations, and raids. Federal agents working for the IRS, FBI, DEA, and OIG have identified Dade County as one of the nation’s top targets for federal criminal investigations. Accordingly, a growing number of businesses and working professionals are being targeted in high-stakes investigations. If you are being investigated, suspect you might be investigated soon, have recently learned of information that could implicate you or your company, or if criminal charges have already been filed, you should take urgent action to protect yourself. Speak to an experienced federal criminal defense attorney immediately. Oberheiden, P.C., is a federal criminal defense law firm with a national presence and a robust record of results. We represent individuals and businesses throughout Dade County in federal criminal matters of all kinds.
Our firm offers 100+ years of combined experience in federal law, including several former U.S. prosecutors who left the federal government to become private defense lawyers instead.
Are You Being Investigated by the FBI, OIG, IRS, or DEA in Dade County?
If you are being targeted by the FBI, DEA, IRS, or HHS – OIG in Dade County, Florida, everything you say and do from this point forward could have an impact on your case. For this reason, it is in your best interest to immediately consult with a criminal defense lawyer who has specific experience in handling these agencies. It is important that your Dade County federal criminal defense attorneys have a track record of intervening during a federal investigation and preventing charges from being filed. That is the outcome you need to fight for because it makes all the difference. The penalties for federal crimes are extremely serious. They’re nothing to play around with. Do not delay. Everything is on the line. At Oberheiden, P.C.:
- We fight to Avoid Charges in Every Case. If you have not yet been charged, this means you still have the opportunity to avoid prosecution. We have resolved the majority of our clients’ cases without charges being filed, and avoiding charges is our primary goal in every investigation we handle.
- We Rely on Extensive Federal Experience to Execute Strong Defense Strategies. Because of our extensive experience on both sides of FBI, OIG, DEA, and IRS investigations, we are able to execute strong defense strategies for our clients. We have refined our approach by practicing exclusively in the area of federal defense. Our work is well established, and we have worked with many of these major federal agencies across years of effective advocacy for our clients.
- We Help Our Clients Make Confident and Informed Decisions. Do you need to answer a federal officer’s questions? What happens if you are late in responding to a civil investigative demand (CID) or administrative subpoena? What should you do if you are aware of self-incriminating information? Questions like these aren’t uncommon. You aren’t the first business owner or white-collar professional in Dade County to find yourself unexpectedly confronted with these intimidating and potentially dangerous questions. We can help you answer them wisely and in compliance with the law.
- We Focus on the Unique Aspects of Each Individual Case. The details matter. In fact, they might be the very thing to bring your investigation to an end. That’s why we ask you the rights kinds of questions from the very beginning – there may be a crucial fact being overlooked that turns the whole investigation on its head. Legal elements of proof are highly specific, so facts become our tools in thwarting the government’s effort to meet its burden of proof. You can count on us to turn over every stone.
- We Never Give In. Rather than rushing into the easiest plea bargain or settlement, we set our sights on a better future for our clients: going home free and clear with zero charges filed. While we can’t guarantee a specific outcome in advance, our philosophy for criminal defense is an aggressive one. We put a foot on the pedal and press down hard, refusing to ease off the gas until our clients are cleared.
Federal Defense Lawyers for All Criminal Matters in Miami-Dade County
No matter what kind of criminal matter you might be facing in Dade County, Oberheiden, P.C., is here to help– from white-collar criminal matters (such as healthcare fraud, money laundering, stockbroker fraud, etc.) to drug busts, drug diversion investigations, and even highly sensitive accusations of sexual crimes or internet-related offenses. Our experience in criminal defense includes:
- Medicare & Medicaid fraud
- Insurance fraud
- Other forms of healthcare fraud
- Drug trafficking or possession
- Drug diversion
- Other violations of the Controlled Substances Act
- Mail, wire, bank, or credit card fraud
- Conspiracy or Attempt at the federal level
- Counterfeiting / Embezzlement / Money laundering / Theft
- Stockbroker fraud / Financial advisor fraud
- Tax violations
- Public Corruption
- Sex crimes
- Internet crimes
- Violent crimes
Why Am I Being Investigated by the…
…Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)?
The FBI is the primary agency responsible for enforcing federal laws in the United States. Specifically, the FBI is tasked with investigating: terrorism, computer crimes, internet crimes, organized crime, public corruption, and drug crimes. (Learn more about the FBI’s investigative mission.) The FBI is extremely active in Dade County, so it may be involved in any number of state and/or federal investigations.
…Office of Inspector General (OIG)?
The official mission of the OIG is “to protect the integrity of Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) programs as well as the health and welfare of program beneficiaries.” Accordingly, the OIG exists as a subset of HHS. In terms of criminal law, the HHS – OIG is primarily interested in investigating healthcare providers suspected of Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, and Department of Labor (DOL) fraud. Dade County is home to one of the country’s nine Medicare Fraud Strike Force offices, and the OIG is one of the key players in those investigations, which frequently result in criminal prosecution by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ). If you think you might be under investigation for healthcare fraud in Dade County, take action right away.
…Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?
While most people think of the IRS as an agency principally interested in collecting money, the agency also has a substantial criminal enforcement division. First and foremost, the IRS polices individuals (and businesses) that it suspects of underreporting income, underpaying taxes, or otherwise violating the Internal Revenue Code (IRC). But the IRS also helps the FBI and other federal agencies in cases of money laundering and other financial crimes.
…Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)?
The DEA plays both a regulatory role and a law enforcement role. As a law enforcement agency, the DEA is responsible for investigating drug-related offenses at the federal level. Most people associate the DEA with illegal street drugs. But the DEA also polices prescription drugs. In fact, one of the DEA’s top priorities at the moment is diversion control (that is, thwarting the unlawful distribution of opioids and prescription painkillers). Dade County has typically been home to a very large number of drug-related federal charges.
Q&A with a Federal Defense Attorney
Q: Am I really guilty of a federal crime?
Q: What are the penalties for federal crimes?
Q: Can your firm represent me in Dade County?
Speak with a Dade County Federal Criminal Defense Attorney about Your FBI, IRS, DEA, or OIG Investigation
Oberheiden, P.C.’s Dade County federal criminal defense lawyer has extensive experience in handling high-stakes federal investigations. If your business, practice, or reputation is at risk, we can use our experience on both sides of FBI, OIG, IRS, and DEA investigations to develop a narrowly tailored strategy. Our one and only goal is protecting you. That means keeping you in business, out of prison, and away from the financial destruction that a federal criminal conviction may represent. For more information and legal advice relevant to the specifics of your investigation in Dade County, please set up a free and confidential case assessment with our office, right away. Simply call 305-694-5300 or tell us how we can help online now.
Additional Pages for Dade County, Florida
All website terms, conditions, and disclaimers apply to this information and are hereby fully incorporated. Specifically, this information has been prepared (1) for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice; (2) This information may constitute attorney advertising in some jurisdictions; (3) Merely reading this information does not create an attorney-client relationship; (4) Attorneys of Oberheiden, P.C., are not licensed in all states but are only licensed to practice in the states mentioned in their respective biographies. Nothing contained in here is meant to constitute the unauthorized practice of law or a suggestion of physical presence in the state; (5) Prior results do not guarantee similar outcomes in the future.