Austin Federal Criminal Defense
Experienced Austin Federal Criminal Defense Attorneys Serving Travis County.
701 Tillery Street Suite 12
Austin, TX 78702
Austin is experiencing an unprecedented number of federal investigations. New arrests and business subpoenas, grand jury notices, and target letters from the Western District of Texas Department of Justice seem to come out everyday. If this happens to you, caution is in order. The federal government has greatly expanded its law enforcement operations in Central Texas.
Texas-Based Oberheiden, P.C. Employs Former Federal Prosecutors who Assist Clients in Austin, Texas
Oberheiden, P.C. is a Texas federal defense law firm with offices in Dallas, Houston, and Bastrop (20 miles outside of Austin). We are known for a strong defense and our record of avoiding criminal charges in a large number of cases. Our team has been featured by various media over different channels across the country, including Austin and Texas. Our practice focuses only on federal matters, which makes us different from most other criminal law firms. Our dedication to federal criminal law, allows us to offer Texas clients a team of attorneys. They all have substantial experience in federal court and in dealing with federal prosecutors from any agency.
- Collectively, we have handled over 2,000 federal cases
- Collectively, we have handled over 2,000 federal grand jury subpoenas
- Collectively, we have avoided criminal charges in many cases
- Collectively, we have achieved dismissal or acquittal in many other cases
Because our team includes former Texas federal prosecutors, our Austin clients receive the benefit of legal representation from attorneys who have first-hand knowledge of the federal justice system. Please contact Nick Oberheiden today and request a free and confidential consultation in Austin.
Why You Need Experienced Federal Criminal Defense Attorneys for Prosecutions in Austin
Austin is part of the Western District of Texas. This District is one of the largest federal districts in the country and encompasses several branches of the FBI and the Department of Justice in Austin, San Antonio, Del Rio, Alpine, El Paso, Waco, and Midland. With more than 4,000 new federal cases opened each year, the Western District of Texas has the third-highest number of federal prosecutions of all the 90+ federal districts in the United States. This high number is all the more a concern since the Justice Department recently instructed all federal prosecutors to intensify their efforts to secure maximum convictions in federal criminal cases. Austin is no exception to this announcement, and it is likely to see the number of federal investigations climb even more in the Austin area. Among the federal offenses most heavily enforced in Austin are:
- 18 U.S.C. 1349 Conspiracy to Commit Healthcare Fraud
- 18 U.S.C. 1347 Healthcare Fraud
- 18 U.S.C. 1035 False Statements Relating to Healthcare Matters
- 42 U.S.C. 1320a-7b(b)(2) Payment of Illegal Remuneration
- 42 U.S.C. 1320a-7b(b)(1) Receipt of Illegal Remuneration
- 21 U.S.C. 846 Conspiracy to Distribute
- 21 U.S.C. 841 Distribution and Possession with Intent to Distribute Narcotics
- 18 U.S.C. 1956 Money Laundering
- 18 U.S.C. 1344 Bank Fraud
- 18 U.S.C. 1349 Conspiracy to Commit Wire Fraud
- 18 U.S.C. 1349 Conspiracy to Commit Mail Fraud
- 18 U.S.C. 1030 Computer Fraud and Abuse
Federal Drug Crimes
- Conspiracy to Distribute Narcotics or Controlled Substances
- Conspiracy to Possess with Intent to Distribute Controlled Substances or Narcotics
- Receiving Illegal Remuneration in Connection with Controlled Substances
- Distributing or Possessing Narcotics with Intent to Distribute
Many people are unaware that federal crimes cover so many topics. Have you been arrested for any of the above offenses or any other federal charges? Have you or your business been notified you’re being investigated by the federal government? Oberheiden, P.C. is ready to help you fight the federal government with our years of experience in the federal system. Call us any time, seven days a week, including weekends. We will be happy to explain our criminal defense ideas for your federal case.
Why Do Austin Clients Choose Oberheiden, P.C.?
Austin is home to some of the finest lawyers in Texas. You need an experienced federal criminal defense attorney to provide you with reliable and competent advice. Oberheiden, P.C. are former Department of Justice trial attorneys and federal litigation attorneys. We make every effort to see that our clients are justly treated when under investigation by the FBI, DEA, OIG, or other federal law enforcement agencies.
- We avoided charges in a large number of cases.
- We obtained acquittals and dismissals in federally indicted cases.
- We understand how to intervene in a federal investigation.
When you call the offices of Oberheiden, P.C., you will not speak to a legal assistant, secretary, paralegal, or an associate. We only employ senior lawyers. Our website shows that every lawyer has a distinguished career in line with the focus of our practice. Many of our lawyers have spent years as prosecutors at the Department of Justice and now provide unmatched expertise to our clients.
- We do not use junior lawyers.
- We will not wall you off by secretaries.
- We offer 2,000+ cases of federal law experience.
- We recognize the importance of your case.
- We have negotiated favorable outcomes with FBI and other agents.
- We know the Western District of Texas.
- We are former Department of Justice prosecutors ourselves.
- We are available on weekends.
- We can meet you in Austin.
- We are committed to add you to our success stories.
- We are happy to share our past results with you.
At Oberheiden, P.C., we are proud of the achievements we have had for our clients. In many cases, our biggest victories never make the news. That’s because we are often able to stop a federal investigation in its tracks and prevent our clients from being indicted or charged. Of course, we are not able to resolve every case through hardball negotiations with government prosecutors. When we cannot, we are prepared to take a case to trial and let a federal judge or jury decide the strength or weakness of the government’s case.
FAQs: Important Questions Regarding Federal Prosecutions in Austin
How Do I Know That I Am Under Investigation?
What Should I Do If Agents from the FBI, DEA, or OIG Visit My Austin Business or Home?
What Should I Do When I Receive a Grand Jury Subpoena?
Do You Accept Weekend Consultations?
Call Today for a Free Consultation with the Skilled Austin Federal Criminal Defense Lawyers
Austin’s federal criminal defense attorneys at Oberheiden, P.C. are available to discuss your case seven days a week. Contact us and discover how experienced federal lawyers would assess your case and how the law might apply to the specific facts of your situation. All initial consultations are free and confidential.
Areas We Serve in Austin and Travis County, Texas
Austin, Travis County, Hays County, Williamson County, Bastrop County, Caldwell County, Round Rock, Cedar Park, Georgetown, San Marcos, Pflugerville, Leander, Kyle, Hutto, Bastrop, Elgin, Brushy Creek, Buda, Jollyville, Anderson Mill, Balcones Village, Bull Creek, Spicewood Vista, Jester, Lakewood Park, East 6th, Holly Street, Govalle, East Caesar Chavez, Chestnut, East 11th Street, Flournoy Acres, Cherry Meadows, Grand Oaks, Cherry Creek, Southhampton Hills, Downtown Austin, Manchaca Gardens, Southland Oaks, Buckingham Estates, South Slaughter, Onion Creek, Cherry Creek, Heights at Loma Vista, Legend Oaks, Circle C, Western Oaks, Maple Run, Deer Haven, Oak Park, and ZIP Codes 78704, 78746, 78759, 78703, 78731, 78749, 78748, 78702, 78750.