Houston Business Litigation Attorneys
With offices in Houston, our firm represents companies across Texas and nationwide in state and federal business litigation. Contact us 24/7 to discuss your company’s needs with one of our senior attorneys.
If your company is facing any type of lawsuit, whether as a prospective plaintiff or a defendant, you need to assemble a litigation team that has the knowledge, skills, and capabilities required to efficiently achieve a favorable result. This includes company leaders and internal subject matter experts, and it also includes outside litigation counsel with a proven record of success in complex litigation in state and federal court.
Our Firm Represents Local Companies and Out-of-State Entities in Business Litigation in Houston, Texas
At Oberheiden P.C., our practice is devoted to helping companies make smart decisions and mitigate their risk through strategic planning and execution. With offices in Houston, our team includes senior business litigation attorneys and affiliated counsel as well as former high-ranking federal agents who serve as litigation consultants and who offer invaluable insights to our clients. Whether your company is facing a dispute that simply needs to be resolved or its viability as a going concern is on the line, your choice of law firms matters. Companies throughout Texas and across the country trust Oberheiden P.C., and here are just some of the reasons why:
- We Only Hire Senior Attorneys – Our firm is unique in that we only hire senior attorneys who have significant experience in their respective areas of practice. Many of our litigators previously served as top trial attorneys at the U.S. Attorney’s Office and the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ).
- We Have an In–House Team of Expert Litigation Consultants – In addition to our team of senior attorneys, we also have a team of expert litigation consultants, all of whom are former high-ranking agents with federal investigative and law enforcement agencies.
- We Have Extensive Experience in State and Federal Court – Our litigation attorneys’ combined experience includes handling thousands of cases at the trial level and resolving countless more complex disputes through out-of-court settlement negotiations.
- Our Practice is Devoted to High-Stakes Matters – Handling high-stakes business litigation is a significant portion of our practice. Unlike other firms that mostly handle low-level matters, our practice is devoted to representing companies, executives, board members, and professionals when their future is on the line.
- Our Attorneys and Litigation Consultants are Available 24/7 – Due to the nature of the cases we handle, our attorneys and litigation consultants are available to our clients 24/7. We are prepared to work around the clock when necessary in order to protect our clients.
We Handle All Types of Business Disputes in State and Federal Court
If you need business litigation counsel in Houston, we encourage you to get in touch. We handle all types of business disputes, including (but not limited to):
Disputes among corporate shareholders, partners, and limited liability company (LLC) members can arise in various contexts, and they can have a broad range of potential implications. We represent business entities and individual owners in these disputes, seeking efficient resolutions that protect our clients’ assets to the fullest extent possible. We also represent corporate entities in shareholder derivative litigation. This is a unique area of litigation that calls for a unique approach, and our Houston-based litigation attorneys and available counsel has the experience and insights your company needs to achieve a favorable resolution.
We represent companies in contract disputes involving all different types of agreements. With experience counseling and representing clients in a broad range of industries, we are able to efficiently apply our legal knowledge to help clients quickly begin making informed decisions about their litigation contact strategies in a broad range of circumstances. Our attorneys have secured numerous favorable pre-trial results and trial verdicts in contract disputes involving:
- Failure to Perform
- Failure to Pay
- Breach of Confidentiality, Non-Competition and Non-Solicitation Covenants
- Breaches of Representations and Warranties
- Indemnification and Insurance Claims
- License, Service Level Agreement (SLA), and Other Contract Disputes
- Disputes Regarding Governing Law, Mandatory ADR, and Other Matters
Intellectual Property (IP) Disputes
Intellectual property infringement claims present immediate concerns for IP owners and alleged infringers. Owners must act swiftly in order to preserve the value of their exclusive IP rights, and alleged infringers will often be required to immediately defend against motions for temporary injunctive relief. Our firm represents clients in IP litigation involving all types of intangible assets, from software code to creative media, and from go-to-market strategies to famous brands. Our experience includes successfully representing clients in litigation involving:
- Proprietary information
- Trade dress
- Trade secrets
- Trademarks and service marks
Privacy and Corporate Espionage Cases
Companies targeted by hackers, in data privacy breaches, and by corporate espionage can face significant losses, and taking appropriate legal action can be crucial to mitigating any long-term damage. In addition to representing companies in litigation, we are also able to assist with all aspects of breach response and data privacy compliance. For many companies, their data are among their most-valuable assets, and protecting their data is an absolute necessity. At Oberheiden P.C., we can make sure your company’s data, financial standing, and public reputation are secure.
Business Fraud Cases
Achieving successful results in business fraud litigation requires a clear understanding of the legal issues and risks involved. Whether your company has been defrauded or is being accused of some form of fraud, your company will need skilled legal representation in order to resole the issue and move forward. Our senior attorneys and litigation consultants have extensive experience in all types of fraud cases, including those involving allegations of bank, consumer, contract, corporate, and insurance fraud.
Tortious Interference Claims
Tortious interference cases can present a number of challenges, and our firm is uniquely positioned to overcome them. From conducting thorough investigations and discovery in order to collect key evidence to convincing counterparties that it is in their best interests to settle the allegations and move on, our team has the capabilities required to resolve these complex cases efficiently and cost-effectively.
Employee Claims and Claims Against Employees
Employment litigation presents its own unique set of challenges as well. While companies must take appropriate legal action to protect themselves, they must also be cognizant of the risks of employees airing their complaints on social media and their workforces turning against them.
We represent employers in all types of employment litigation at the state and federal levels. This includes litigation in Texas’s state and federal courts as well as administrative proceedings before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the Texas Workforce Commission, and agencies. Our experience includes securing favorable results for employers in matters involving employment contract disputes, discrimination claims, IP ownership and infringement disputes, wage and hour disputes, and wrongful termination litigation.
Antitrust and Securities Law Claims
We represent clients in antitrust and securities litigation between private parties, and we also have extensive experience representing clients in enforcement proceedings and compliance matters. If your company is facing allegations of violating federal antitrust or securities laws, or if your company has been harmed by another company’s statutory violations, we can use our experience to fully protect its interests now and in the long term.
We Represent Companies on an Emergency Basis When Necessary
While some disputes develop over time, in many cases there is no time to waste. If your company is facing a situation that requires immediate or drastic action, our business litigation attorneys can provide representation on an emergency basis. We are able to handle emergency litigation in Houston and other jurisdictions across the country, and our senior attorneys and litigation consultants can call upon their centuries of combined experience to help protect your company regardless of the circumstances at hand.
Our emergency litigation practice encompasses providing legal representation in matters such as:
- A start-up, competitor, or former employee is using your company’s brand, proprietary information, or other intellectual property.
- A contract counterparty has committed or threatened a breach that has the potential for immediate and lasting negative repercussions for your company.
- You have uncovered possible large-scale fraud perpetrated against your company or by an employee or agent purporting to act on your company’s behalf.
- Your company’s information technology (IT) infrastructure has been hacked and sensitive information has been compromised.
- The news media are reporting damaging information about your company or someone is making false or misleading statements about your company on social media.
- Your company has uncovered damaging information that has the potential to lead to substantial exposure in civil litigation.
- Your company has been sued and is facing a motion for immediate injunctive relief in Texas state court or federal district court in Texas.
Discuss Your Company’s Litigation Needs with a Senior Attorney at Oberheiden P.C.
If your company’s IP assets, financial assets, or goodwill is at stake, your choice of legal representation matters. At Oberheiden P.C., our business litigation lawyers and affiliated counsel are prepared to act immediately to protect your company. To speak with a senior attorney at our Houston offices in confidence, call 713-597-3388 or request a free case assessment online now.