Phoenix Federal Criminal Defense
Savvy Former Justice Department Prosecutors and Former Assistant U.S. Attorneys Defending Clients in Phoenix, Tucson and throughout Arizona
The law firm of Oberheiden, P.C. provides aggressive federal criminal law defense representation to its clients across the United States. Our experienced former Assistant U.S. Attorneys and former Department of Justice trial attorneys are available to offer strong defense strategies to their federal clients in Phoenix, Tucson and throughout Arizona. Our collective experience includes:
- Former Department of Justice Trial Attorneys
- Former Assistant United States Attorneys
- Former Federal Healthcare Fraud Prosecutors
- Experience of More than 1,000 Federal Cases
- Dismissed Federal Indictments
- Avoided Criminal Charges in Many Cases
- Handled More than 1,000 Grand Jury Subpoenas
- Unmatched Trial Record Exceeding 500 Criminal Trials
- 70 Years of Department of Justice Experience
If you believe that the federal government is investigating you, do not hesitate to call us today and speak to one of our former federal government attorneys for a free case assessment.
Are You the Subject of a Pending Federal Government Investigation?
Do you think that you are under investigation? Has the government accused you of a crime? Were you served with a grand jury subpoena? Do you believe that your reputation is being destroyed or that you may be incarcerated? Is time to hire a Phoenix federal criminal defense lawyer with the right federal law experience? If any of the preceding is true, because federal offense penalties may range from years to life in prison, you should carefully choose the lawyer to represent you against the federal government.
About Oberheiden, P.C. – Your Phoenix Federal Defense Attorneys
Oberheiden, P.C. represents Arizona businesses and individuals against target letters and other federal investigations, grand jury subpoenas and federal healthcare fraud charges. Consisting of multiple former federal prosecutors, our Phoenix federal criminal defense attorneys offer our clients a wealth of government attorney experience. Indeed, some of our Phoenix federal criminal lawyers held leadership positions within the federal government (including the Department of Justice) prior to joining the Firm.
With this experience behind them, our former government attorneys are well positioned to focus their combined decades of prosecutorial experience on your behalf. In short, our former Department of Justice trial lawyers, Assistant U.S. Attorneys, and former prosecutors will only entertain one goal: to protect you and your rights.
At Oberheiden, P.C., our clients’ cases are handled by our experienced federal law defense litigators themselves — we do not hire associates or junior lawyers because nothing replaces experience. When your freedom may be on the line, we know that there is no time to experiment. Our Phoenix federal criminal defense attorneys include:
- Lynette S. Byrd previously represented the United States federal government as an Assistant United States Attorney (AUSA). Lynette is an energetic advocate for her clients with significant experience of federal law litigation and law enforcement.
- Nick Oberheiden has successfully represented business executives, public officials, business owners, physicians, lawyers and many more in prosecutions involving healthcare fraud charges, federal conspiracy charges, internet crimes and other federal offenses.
Due to the complexity of the federal criminal justice system, the biggest mistake a business or individual facing a federal investigation can make is to underestimate the government’s attorneys. For example, you can hire the best state law criminal attorney in town, but that attorney may very well not have the experience to successfully negotiate with government agents or federal prosecutors.
At Oberheiden, P.C., our Phoenix federal criminal defense attorneys know what immediate actions will serve your interests. If you are facing federal criminal charges or a government investigation, call us right away to confidentially speak to one of our former federal prosecutors. Our former federal prosecutors have the first-hand experience on how a federal government agency builds a case. With your best interests in mind, our federal criminal attorneys know how to best respond to the government.
Fighting or Avoiding Federal Charges in Phoenix, Tucson and Throughout Arizona
Although each case is unique, we approach every case with the same goal — to represent your interests as early as possible in any investigation or trial preparation by the government. We explore all possible grounds for dismissal prior to trial. For example:
- Forestall Charges. Our Firm’s primary goal is to avoid criminal charges; one of the ways we do this is by rapidly implementing sophisticated responses to the government’s allegations. Indeed, for some of our clients, we have been able to successfully lessen their sentences, we have made otherwise criminal cases into civil ones, and in federal investigations, we have forestalled criminal charges.
- Obtained Bond. Bond considerations in federal cases are very different from bonds in state law matters. For most of our clients, we routinely obtain a bond in federal criminal cases.
- Defenses. Criminal offenses may be countered by a number of accepted defenses. Also, criminal offenses require evidence of intent. Our Firm has defended clients in federal investigations, for example, by proving that alleged misconduct did not occur, did not occur intentionally, or did occur but was justified by a recognized defense.
- Federal Offenses Handled. Our attorneys have defended clients against most types of federal offenses and criminal conspiracies. These include, but are not limited to,18 U.S.C. 1347 healthcare fraud (Medicare fraud, False Claims Act, Medicaid fraud, violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute or the Controlled Substances Act),18 U.S.C. 924 (possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking offense, marijuana),18 U.S.C. 1341 mail and 18 U.S.C. 1343 (wire fraud, public corruption, bribery, tax fraud, tax evasion, securities fraud, insider trading, Ponzi schemes, fraud, mortgage fraud), and 21 U.S.C. 841 (distribution and possession with intent to distribute).
If you are facing a federal criminal charge or any other type of government action, call our Phoenix federal criminal lawyers to speak to a former federal prosecutor for an assessment of your case. The former federal government attorneys at our Firm know first-hand how the government builds a case and how to respond with the sole goal of your best interest in mind.
The Crucial Component to Success: We Are Trial Lawyers
Oberheiden, P.C. believes that an assertive trial practice wins the day. As such, we don’t recommend that clients take bad plea deals. Our Phoenix federal criminal attorneys diligently analyze all elements of the case while aggressively negotiating with the government. In all cases, we approach the government with idea to take the case to court. We do not allow our clients to be easy prey for the government. What our Firm stands for is that you benefit from our attorneys’ government experience and that you win.
Why Choose Oberheiden, P.C.?
1. Our Firm’s Focus on Federal Cases, Law and Trials
Many federal criminal lawyers will take on most types of cases that come in the door. We don’t do this. Our Firm does not dilute our federal law skills set; indeed, we only take — and we limit our practice to — federal law cases. We focus on federal cases for a simple reason. Because the federal and state criminal justice systems are significantly different. We know that to be successful in the federal system requires an exclusive focus. Because we only do federal cases, we routinely negotiate with attorneys and agents from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the Office of Inspector General (OIG), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the U.S. Attorney’s Office (USAO), the Department of Defense (DOD), the Department of Justice (DOJ), the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)among other federal agencies. Our clients benefit from the decades o four attorney’s federal government experience and the thousands of federal matters that we have handled.
2. Our Results
Each potential client should understand that each case is different and the results we have achieved for our clients cannot guarantee a similar outcome in your case. Nonetheless, we have avoided federal criminal charges for a significant number of Firm clients across the nation. Our goal is to turn criminal cases into civil fines and to transform targets of federal investigations into witnesses. Thanks to their government work experience, our Phoenix federal criminal defense lawyers can effectively negotiate on your behalf and argue your case in federal courtrooms.
3. Our Team
At Oberheiden, P.C. your case gets handled by senior experienced attorneys and not handed off to associates or junior lawyers. Our senior attorneys have strong academic and government attorney backgrounds. In all cases, our firm embraces a team approach. This means that through a team effort, our Phoenix federal criminal defense attorneys focus on the best defense strategy.
Oberheiden, P.C.’s former federal prosecutors and federal criminal law defense attorneys are available to discuss your case. Call us and find out how experienced former prosecutors and federal defense attorneys assess your case’s facts and what strategies can be used to protect your freedom, your reputation or your license. Calls are free and confidential.
FAQs: Federal Prosecutions Questions Relevant to Phoenix, Tucson and Arizona
When Should I Hire an Attorney?
You should retain an attorney as soon as possible after you learn of any federal government action related to you. An assertive legal defense strategy implemented as early as possible is an effective strategy. Your federal criminal defense lawyer should have only one goal, to address and stop federal government action. Every moment wasted gives the government an advantage and further time to investigate you, your practice, your business and, of course, your family as well as your affiliates. If you want to discuss your situation with us, please speak to one of our senior attorneys today. Your call and case assessment are free and absolutely confidential.
Which Attorney Will Handle My Case?
Our Firm’s clients are represented by experienced senior federal criminal defense attorneys and former federal prosecutors. We focus on your case and will not waste valuable time handing off you case to junior lawyers — our firm does not use them; from the moment you hire Oberheiden, P.C., you will be speaking directly with senior attorneys.
What Is Your Track Record?
Our senior and experienced Phoenix federal criminal attorneys have successfully resolved government investigations and prosecutions involving, among many others, healthcare fraud, money laundering, public corruption, wire and mail fraud and securities fraud. Potential clients should take note that all cases are different and our prior results for other clients does guarantee a similar outcome in your case.
Call the Phoenix Federal Criminal Defense Lawyers of Oberheiden P.C. Today
At Oberheiden, P.C., our Phoenix federal criminal defense lawyers are available for a free consultation seven days a week. If you suspect that you may be the target of federal government action, you should not hesitate to reach out to our Firm and speak to one of our former federal prosecutors.
We Serve clients in Phoenix, Tucson and throughout Arizona
Subject to the Firm’s terms and conditions and pursuant to all applicable local rules of the United States District Court for the District of Arizona and state professional boards, Oberheiden, P.C.’s attorneys may accept engagements in federal cases in the District of Arizona as already admitted counsel, pro hac vice, or in combination with locally licensed counsel.